Dr. Wilmoth joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2020 to devote her expertise in the area of clinical neuropsychology and traumatic brain injury/concussion.
A native of Richmond, Dr. Wilmoth obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia with highest distinction. She subsequently completed a doctoral degree and internship in clinical psychology at UT Southwestern. Her expertise is additionally based on the Medical College of Wisconsin’s well-established postdoctoral residency in clinical neuropsychology.
Clinically, Dr. Wilmoth’s focus is conducting neuropsychological evaluations assessing cognitive and behavioral disorders. Her established research track is in the area of concussion and more severe traumatic brain injury. She enjoys collaboration, which has included UT Southwestern’s O’Donnell Brain Institute and Texas Institute for Brain Injury and Repair, among others.
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Psychology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Clinical Psychology
- Medical College of Wisconsin (2020), Clinical Neuropsychology
- Perceived Recovery and Self-Reported Functioning in Adolescents with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: The Role of Sleep, Mood, and Physical Symptoms.
- Wright B, Wilmoth K, Juengst SB, Didehbani N, Maize R, Cullum CM, Dev Neurorehabil 2020 Dec 1-7
- Preliminary Validation of an Abbreviated Acute Concussion Symptom Checklist Using Item Response Theory.
- Wilmoth K, Magnus BE, McCrea MA, Nelson LD, The American journal of sports medicine 2020 Oct 48 12 3087-3093
- Mild Cognitive Impairment in Retired Professional Football Players With a History of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Pilot Investigation.
- Didehbani N, Fields LM, Wilmoth K, LoBue C, Hart J, Cullum CM, Cogn Behav Neurol 2020 09 33 3 208-217
- Risk factors for earlier dementia onset in autopsy-confirmed Alzheimer's disease, mixed Alzheimer's with Lewy bodies, and pure Lewy body disease.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, White CL, Wilmoth K, Didehbani N, Lacritz L, Nguyen T, Peters ME, Fields L, Li C, Cullum CM, Alzheimers Dement 2020 Feb
- Utility of Brief Psychological Measures for Prediction of Prolonged Symptom Clearance in Concussed Student Athletes.
- Wilmoth K, Curcio N, Tarkenton T, Meredith-Duliba T, Tan A, Didehbani N, Hynan LS, Miller SM, Bell KR, Cullum CM, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2019 Nov
- Neuropsychological functioning in ageing retired NFL players: a critical review.
- Schaffert J, LoBue C, Fields L, Wilmoth K, Didehbani N, Hart J, Cullum CM, Int Rev Psychiatry 2019 Oct 1-18
- The Neuropathological and Clinical Diagnostic Criteria of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy: A Critical Examination in Relation to Other Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Brett BL, Wilmoth K, Cummings P, Solomon GS, McCrea MA, Zuckerman SL, J. Alzheimers Dis. 2019 68 2 591-608
- Current State of the Literature on Psychological and Social Sequelae of Sports-Related Concussion in School-Aged Children and Adolescents.
- Wilmoth K, Tan A, Hague C, Tarkenton T, Silver CH, Didehbani N, Rossetti HC, Batjer H, Bell KR, Cullum CM J Exp Neurosci 2019 13 1179069519830421
- Reliability of Medical History Reporting in Older Adults With and Without Cognitive Impairment.
- Curcio N, Wilmoth K, LoBue C, Cullum CM, J Cent Nerv Syst Dis 2019 11 1179573519843874
- Consistency of traumatic brain injury reporting in older adults with and without cognitive impairment.
- Wilmoth K, LoBue C, Clem MA, Reddy R, Hynan LS, Didehbani N, Bell K, Womack KB, Hart J, Batjer H, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2017 Oct 1-6