- Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School (1986)
- Stanford University (1988), Anatomic Pathology
- University of California, San Francisco Medical Center (1992), Neuropathology
- Stanford University (1999), Clinical Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2000), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2001), Surgical Pathology
- Glycine by MR spectroscopy is an imaging biomarker of glioma aggressiveness.
- Tiwari V, Daoud EV, Hatanpaa KJ, Gao A, Zhang S, An Z, Ganji SK, Raisanen JM, Lewis CM, Askari P, Baxter J, Levy M, Dimitrov I, Thomas BP, Pinho MC, Madden CJ, Pan E, Patel TR, DeBerardinis RJ, Sherry AD, Mickey BE, Malloy CR, Maher EA, Choi C, Neuro-oncology 2020 Feb
- Mutation Status and Epithelial Differentiation Stratify Recurrence Risk in Chordoid Meningioma-A Multicenter Study with High Prognostic Relevance.
- Georgescu MM, Nanda A, Li Y, Mobley BC, Faust PL, Raisanen JM, Olar A, Cancers (Basel) 2020 Jan 12 1
- Distinct Expression Patterns of Carbonic Anhydrase IX in Clear Cell, Microcystic, and Angiomatous Meningiomas.
- Chkheidze R, Cimino PJ, Hatanpaa KJ, White CL, Ferreira M, Piccirillo SGM, Li L, Rajaram S, Nyagilo JO, Burns DK, Raisanen JM, Cai C, J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 2019 Sep
- Stem cell injections for axial back pain: a systematic review of associated risks and complications with a case illustration of diffuse hyperplastic gliosis resulting in cauda equina syndrome.
- Aoun SG, Peinado Reyes V, El Ahmadieh TY, Davies M, Patel AR, Ban VS, Plitt A, El Tecle NE, Moreno JR, Raisanen J, Bagley CA, J Neurosurg Spine 2019 Sep 1-8
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teacher, Medical School Class of 2021
- American Association of Neuropathologists