- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1996)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1999), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002), Infectious Diseases
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004)
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004), Public Health
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HIV and complications
- HIV and Liver Disease
- Viral Eradication
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in IL28B affects viral evolution of hepatitis C quasispecies after pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy.
- Yuan H, Adams-Huet B, Petersen T, Attar N, Lee WM, Jain MK J. Med. Virol. 2012 Dec 84 12 1913-9
- Presentation, treatment, and clinical outcomes of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma, with and without human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Yopp AC, Subramanian M, Jain MK, Mansour JC, Schwarz RE, Balch GC, Singal AG Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2012 Nov 10 11 1284-90
- Change in fibrosis score as a predictor of mortality among HIV-infected patients with viral hepatitis.
- Jain MK, Seremba E, Bhore R, Dao D, Joshi R, Attar N, Yuan HJ, Lee WM AIDS Patient Care STDS 2012 Feb 26 2 73-80
- Hepatitis B virus genotype G: Prevalence and impact in patients co-infected with human immunodeficiency virus.
- Dao DY, Balko J, Attar N, Neak E, Yuan HJ, Lee WM, Jain MK J. Med. Virol. 2011 Sep 83 9 1551-8
- Host-based ribavirin resistance influences hepatitis C virus replication and treatment response.
- Ibarra KD, Jain MK, Pfeiffer JK J. Virol. 2011 Jul 85 14 7273-83
- Evolution of hepatitis C virus NS5A region in breakthrough patients during pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapy*.
- Yuan HJ, Jain M, Snow KK, Gale M, Lee WM J. Viral Hepat. 2010 Mar 17 3 208-16
- Pegylated interferon and ribavirin promote early evolution of nonstructural 5A protein in individuals with hepatitis C who demonstrate a response to treatment.
- Jain MK, Yuan HJ, Adams-Huet B, Reeck A, Shelton J, Attar N, Zhang S, Neumann AU, Carney DS, Gale M, Lee WM J. Infect. Dis. 2009 Sep 200 6 866-76
- Gamma/Delta T cell mRNA levels decrease at mucosal sites and increase at lymphoid sites following an oral SIV infection of macaques.
- Kosub DA, Durudas A, Lehrman G, Milush JM, Cano CA, Jain MK, Sodora DL Curr. HIV Res. 2008 Nov 6 6 520-30
- Gamma/Delta T-cell functional responses differ after pathogenic human immunodeficiency virus and nonpathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus infections.
- Kosub DA, Lehrman G, Milush JM, Zhou D, Chacko E, Leone A, Gordon S, Silvestri G, Else JG, Keiser P, Jain MK, Sodora DL, J. Virol. 2008 Feb 82 3 1155-65
- Hepatitis C is associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus in HIV-infected persons without traditional risk factors.
- Jain MK, Aragaki C, Fischbach L, Gibson S, Arora R, May L, Vardhineni K, Lee WM HIV Med. 2007 Nov 8 8 491-7
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of Infectious Disease Society of America
- Best Doctors in Dallas "D Magazine"
- K23 NIH Grant
- Student Research Grant
- Training Award
Patient Oriented Research (2001)
- Travel Grant Award
Outstanding Abstract Submission, IDSA (2001)
- Texas Infectious Disease Society (2018)
- Infectious Disease Society of America, Fellow (2015)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2003)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (2002)