- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1996)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1999), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002), Infectious Diseases
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004)
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004), Public Health
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HIV and complications
- HIV and Liver Disease
- Viral Eradication
- Half of 30-Day Hospital Readmissions Among HIV-Infected Patients Are Potentially Preventable.
- Nijhawan AE, Kitchell E, Etherton SS, Duarte P, Halm EA, Jain MK AIDS Patient Care STDS 2015 Jul
- Assessment of arterial elasticity among HIV-positive participants with high CD4 cell counts: a substudy of the INSIGHT Strategic Timing of AntiRetroviral Treatment (START) trial.
- Baker J, Engen N, Huppler Hullsiek K, Stephan C, Jain M, Munderi P, Pett S, Duprez D HIV Med. 2015 Apr 16 Suppl 1 109-18
- Faldaprevir and pegylated interferon a-2a/ribavirin in individuals co-infected with hepatitis C virus genotype-1 and HIV.
- Dieterich D, Nelson M, Soriano V, Arastéh K, Guardiola JM, Rockstroh JK, Bhagani S, Laguno M, Tural C, Ingiliz P, Jain MK, Stern JO, Manero M, Vinisko R, Kort J AIDS 2015 Mar 29 5 571-81
- Micro-RNA-122 levels in acute liver failure and chronic hepatitis C.
- Dubin PH, Yuan H, Devine RK, Hynan LS, Jain MK, Lee WM J. Med. Virol. 2014 Jun
- Acute and chronic immune biomarker changes during interferon/ribavirin treatment in HIV/HCV co-infected patients.
- Jain MK, Adams-Huet B, Terekhova D, Kushner LE, Bedimo R, Li X, Holodniy M J. Viral Hepat. 2014 Feb
- The RADAR Study: Week 48 Safety and Efficacy of RAltegravir Combined with Boosted DARunavir Compared to Tenofovir/Emtricitabine Combined with Boosted Darunavir in Antiretroviral-Naive Patients. Impact on Bone Health.
- Bedimo RJ, Drechsler H, Jain M, Cutrell J, Zhang S, Li X, Farukhi I, Castanon R, Tebas P, Maalouf NM PLoS ONE 2014 9 8 e106221
- Knowledge and attitudes about hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and its treatment in HCV mono-infected and HCV/HIV co-infected adults.
- Chen EY, North CS, Fatunde O, Bernstein I, Salari S, Day B, Jain MK J. Viral Hepat. 2013 Oct 20 10 708-14
- Patient perspectives on hepatitis C and its treatment.
- North CS, Devereaux R, Pollio DE, Hong BA, Jain MK Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2013 Jun
- Pegylated interferon fractal pharmacokinetics: individualized dosing for hepatitis C virus infection.
- Jain MK, Pasipanodya JG, Alder L, Lee WM, Gumbo T Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2013 Mar 57 3 1115-20
- Suppression of HBV by tenofovir in HBV/HIV coinfected patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Price H, Dunn D, Pillay D, Bani-Sadr F, de Vries-Sluijs T, Jain MK, Kuzushita N, Mauss S, Núñez M, Nüesch R, Peters M, Reiberger T, Stephan C, Tan L, Gilson R PLoS ONE 2013 8 7 e68152
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of Infectious Disease Society of America
- Best Doctors in Dallas "D Magazine"
- K23 NIH Grant
- Student Research Grant
- Training Award
Patient Oriented Research (2001)
- Travel Grant Award
Outstanding Abstract Submission, IDSA (2001)
- Texas Infectious Disease Society (2018)
- Infectious Disease Society of America, Fellow (2015)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2003)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (2002)