- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1996)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1999), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002), Infectious Diseases
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004)
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004), Public Health
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HIV and complications
- HIV and Liver Disease
- Viral Eradication
- Effectiveness of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C in difficult-to-treat patients in a safety-net health system: a retrospective cohort study.
- Yek C, de la Flor C, Marshall J, Zoellner C, Thompson G, Quirk L, Mayorga C, Turner BJ, Singal AG, Jain MK BMC Med 2017 Nov 15 1 204
- The albumin-bilirubin grade uncovers the prognostic relationship between hepatic reserve and immune dysfunction in HIV-associated hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Pinato DJ, Sharma R, Citti C, Platt H, Ventura-Cots M, Allara E, Chen TY, Dalla Pria A, Jain M, Mínguez B, Kikuchi L, Kaufman West E, Merli M, Kaplan DE, Hasson H, Marks K, Nelson M, Núñez M, Aytaman A, Bower M, Bräu N Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2017 Oct
- Prospective longitudinal substance use patterns in patients preparing for hepatitis C treatment.
- North CS, Pollio DE, Sims OT, Jain MK, Hong BA J Dual Diagn 2017 Oct 0
- Missed Initial Medical Visits: Predictors, Timing, and Implications for Retention in HIV Care.
- Nijhawan AE, Liang Y, Vysyaraju K, Muñoz J, Ketchum N, Saber J, Buchberg M, Venegas Y, Bullock D, Jain MK, Villarreal R, Taylor BS AIDS Patient Care STDS 2017 May 31 5 213-221
- Analysis of an ordinal endpoint for use in evaluating treatments for severe influenza requiring hospitalization.
- Peterson RL, Vock DM, Powers JH, Emery S, Cruz EF, Hunsberger S, Jain MK, Pett S, Neaton JD Clin Trials 2017 Mar 1740774517697919
- An effectiveness study of group psychoeducation for hepatitis C patients in community clinics.
- North CS, Pollio DE, Sims OT, Jain MK, Brown GR, Downs DL, Lisker-Melman M, Hong BA Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2017 Feb
- Immediate antiretroviral therapy reduces risk of infection-related cancer during early HIV infection.
- Borges ÁH, Neuhaus J, Babiker AG, Henry K, Jain MK, Palfreeman A, Mugyenyi P, Domingo P, Hoffmann C, Read TR, Pujari S, Meulbroek M, Johnson M, Wilkin T, Mitsuyasu R Clin. Infect. Dis. 2016 Sep
- Effect of Patient Navigation With or Without Financial Incentives on Viral Suppression Among Hospitalized Patients With HIV Infection and Substance Use: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Metsch LR, Feaster DJ, Gooden L, Matheson T, Stitzer M, Das M, Jain MK, Rodriguez AE, Armstrong WS, Lucas GM, Nijhawan AE, Drainoni ML, Herrera P, Vergara-Rodriguez P, Jacobson JM, Mugavero MJ, Sullivan M, Daar ES, McMahon DK, Ferris DC, Lindblad R, VanVeldhuisen P, Oden N, Castellón PC, Tross S, Haynes LF, Douaihy A, Sorensen JL, Metzger DS, Mandler RN, Colfax GN, del Rio C JAMA 2016 Jul 316 2 156-70
- An assessment of concurrent drug and alcohol use among patients seeking treatment for hepatitis C.
- Sims OT, Pollio DE, Hong BA, Jain MK, Brown GR, North CS Ann Clin Psychiatry 2016 Feb 28 1 31-6
- Health Beliefs and Co-morbidities Associated with Appointment-Keeping Behavior Among HCV and HIV/HCV Patients.
- Pundhir P, North CS, Fatunde O, Jain MK J Community Health 2015 Jul
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of Infectious Disease Society of America
- Best Doctors in Dallas "D Magazine"
- K23 NIH Grant
- Student Research Grant
- Training Award
Patient Oriented Research (2001)
- Travel Grant Award
Outstanding Abstract Submission, IDSA (2001)
- Texas Infectious Disease Society (2018)
- Infectious Disease Society of America, Fellow (2015)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2003)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (2002)