- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1996)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1999), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002), Infectious Diseases
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004)
- HIV Related Mortality
- HIV/HBV Co-Infection
- HIV/HCV Co-Infection
- Changes in mortality related to human immunodeficiency virus infection: comparative analysis of inpatient deaths in 1995 and in 1999-2000.
- Jain MK, Skiest DJ, Cloud JW, Jain CL, Burns D, Berggren RE Clin. Infect. Dis. 2003 Apr 36 8 1030-8
- Has Access to HCV Therapy Changed for Patients with Mental Health or Substance Use Disorders in the DAA Period?
- Jain MK, Thamer M, Therapondos G, Shiffman ML, Kshirsagar O, Clark C, Wong RJ Hepatology 2018 Jul
- Race/ethnicity and insurance status disparities in access to direct acting antivirals for hepatitis C virus treatment.
- Wong RJ, Jain MK, Therapondos G, Shiffman ML, Kshirsagar O, Clark C, Thamer M Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2018 Mar
- Effectiveness of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C in difficult-to-treat patients in a safety-net health system: a retrospective cohort study.
- Yek C, de la Flor C, Marshall J, Zoellner C, Thompson G, Quirk L, Mayorga C, Turner BJ, Singal AG, Jain MK BMC Med 2017 Nov 15 1 204
- Missed Initial Medical Visits: Predictors, Timing, and Implications for Retention in HIV Care.
- Nijhawan AE, Liang Y, Vysyaraju K, Muñoz J, Ketchum N, Saber J, Buchberg M, Venegas Y, Bullock D, Jain MK, Villarreal R, Taylor BS AIDS Patient Care STDS 2017 May 31 5 213-221
- An effectiveness study of group psychoeducation for hepatitis C patients in community clinics.
- North CS, Pollio DE, Sims OT, Jain MK, Brown GR, Downs DL, Lisker-Melman M, Hong BA Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2017 Feb
- Effect of Patient Navigation With or Without Financial Incentives on Viral Suppression Among Hospitalized Patients With HIV Infection and Substance Use: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Metsch LR, Feaster DJ, Gooden L, Matheson T, Stitzer M, Das M, Jain MK, Rodriguez AE, Armstrong WS, Lucas GM, Nijhawan AE, Drainoni ML, Herrera P, Vergara-Rodriguez P, Jacobson JM, Mugavero MJ, Sullivan M, Daar ES, McMahon DK, Ferris DC, Lindblad R, VanVeldhuisen P, Oden N, Castellón PC, Tross S, Haynes LF, Douaihy A, Sorensen JL, Metzger DS, Mandler RN, Colfax GN, del Rio C JAMA 2016 Jul 316 2 156-70
- Health Beliefs and Co-morbidities Associated with Appointment-Keeping Behavior Among HCV and HIV/HCV Patients.
- Pundhir P, North CS, Fatunde O, Jain MK J Community Health 2015 Jul
- Half of 30-Day Hospital Readmissions Among HIV-Infected Patients Are Potentially Preventable.
- Nijhawan AE, Kitchell E, Etherton SS, Duarte P, Halm EA, Jain MK AIDS Patient Care STDS 2015 Jul
- Acute and chronic immune biomarker changes during interferon/ribavirin treatment in HIV/HCV co-infected patients.
- Jain MK, Adams-Huet B, Terekhova D, Kushner LE, Bedimo R, Li X, Holodniy M J. Viral Hepat. 2014 Feb
Honors & Awards
- K23 NIH Grant
- Student Research Grant
- Training Award
Patient Oriented Research (2001)
- Travel Grant Award
Outstanding Abstract Submission, IDSA (2001)