- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1996)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1999), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2002), Infectious Diseases
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas (2004), Public Health
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HIV and complications
- HIV and Liver Disease
- Viral Eradication
- Changes in mortality related to human immunodeficiency virus infection: comparative analysis of inpatient deaths in 1995 and in 1999-2000.
- Jain MK, Skiest DJ, Cloud JW, Jain CL, Burns D, Berggren RE Clin. Infect. Dis. 2003 Apr 36 8 1030-8
- Evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to reduce health disparities in hepatitis C screening: a pre-post analysis.
- Jain MK, Rich NE, Ahn C, Turner BJ, Sanders JM, Adamson B, Quirk L, Perryman P, Santini NO, Singal AG, Hepatology 2019 Apr
- Clinical and Sociobehavioral Prediction Model of 30-Day Hospital Readmissions Among People With HIV and Substance Use Disorder: Beyond Electronic Health Record Data.
- Nijhawan AE, Metsch LR, Zhang S, Feaster DJ, Gooden L, Jain MK, Walker R, Huffaker S, Mugavero MJ, Jacobs P, Armstrong WS, Daar ES, Sullivan M, Del Rio C, Halm EA J. Acquir. Immune Defic. Syndr. 2019 Mar 80 3 330-341
- Influence of HIV Infection on the Natural History of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Results From a Global Multicohort Study.
- Pinato DJ, Allara E, Chen TY, Trevisani F, Minguez B, Zoli M, Harris M, Dalla Pria A, Merchante N, Platt H, Jain M, Caturelli E, Kikuchi L, Pineda J, Nelson M, Farinati F, Rapaccini GL, Aytaman A, Yin M, Tan CK, Bower M, Giannini EG, Bräu N J. Clin. Oncol. 2019 Feb 37 4 296-304
- Significant Increase in Risk of Fibrosis or Cirrhosis at Time of HCV Diagnosis for Hispanics With Diabetes and Obesity Compared With Other Ethnic Groups.
- Turner BJ, Wang CP, Melhado TV, Bobadilla R, Jain MK, Singal AG Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2018 Dec
- Spectrum of Liver Disease in Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Patients Co-infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV): Results of the HBV-HIV Cohort Study.
- Sterling RK, Wahed AS, King WC, Kleiner DE, Khalili M, Sulkowski M, Chung RT, Jain MK, Lisker-Melman M, Wong DK, Ghany MG Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2018 Nov
- Has Access to HCV Therapy Changed for Patients with Mental Health or Substance Use Disorders in the DAA Period?
- Jain MK, Thamer M, Therapondos G, Shiffman ML, Kshirsagar O, Clark C, Wong RJ Hepatology 2018 Jul
- Race/ethnicity and insurance status disparities in access to direct acting antivirals for hepatitis C virus treatment.
- Wong RJ, Jain MK, Therapondos G, Shiffman ML, Kshirsagar O, Clark C, Thamer M Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2018 Mar
- Signature molecules expressed differentially in a liver disease stage-specific manner by HIV-1 and HCV co-infection.
- Whitmill A, Kim S, Rojas V, Gulraiz F, Afreen K, Jain M, Singh M, Park IW PLoS ONE 2018 13 8 e0202524
- Effectiveness of direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C in difficult-to-treat patients in a safety-net health system: a retrospective cohort study.
- Yek C, de la Flor C, Marshall J, Zoellner C, Thompson G, Quirk L, Mayorga C, Turner BJ, Singal AG, Jain MK BMC Med 2017 Nov 15 1 204
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of Infectious Disease Society of America
- Best Doctors in Dallas "D Magazine"
- K23 NIH Grant
- Student Research Grant
- Training Award
Patient Oriented Research (2001)
- Travel Grant Award
Outstanding Abstract Submission, IDSA (2001)
- Texas Infectious Disease Society (2018)
- Infectious Disease Society of America, Fellow (2015)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2003)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (2002)