Maddie Kubiliun, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Maddie Kubiliun, M.D., M.P.H., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases.
Dr. Kubiliun holds a bachelor's degree in health science and a master's degree in public health and epidemiology from the University of Florida in Gainesville. She earned her medical degree at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. She completed internal medicine residency training and a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She then went on to complete an additional fellowship in advanced and transplant hepatology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology, Dr. Kubiliun joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Kubiliun is a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American College of Gastroenterologists.
In addition to medicine, Dr. Kubiliun enjoys traveling, cooking, reading, and spending time with her family.
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Florida (2010)
- Medical School
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2014)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Gastroenterology/hepatology
- Massachusetts General Hospital (2021), Transplant Hepatology
- Alcohol Asociated Liver Disease (ALD)
- Liver Transplantation
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Pro: Liver Transplantation Should Be Considered in Select Patients With Acute Alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Kubiliun MJ, Rich NE, Singal A, Mufti AR, Clin Liver Dis (Hoboken) 2019 May 13 5 140-143
- Neurological autoimmune disorders with prominent gastrointestinal manifestations: A review of presentation, evaluation, and treatment.
- Blackburn KM, Kubiliun M, Harris S, Vernino S, Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2019 Apr e13611
- Early liver transplantation for alcoholic hepatitis: Ready for primetime?
- Kubiliun M, Patel SJ, Hur C, Dienstag JL, Luther J, J Hepatol 2018 03 68 3 380-382
- Concentrations of 6-thioguanine nucleotide correlate with trough levels of infliximab in patients with inflammatory bowel disease on combination therapy.
- Yarur AJ, Kubiliun MJ, Czul F, Sussman DA, Quintero MA, Jain A, Drake KA, Hauenstein SI, Lockton S, Deshpande AR, Barkin JS, Singh S, Abreu MT, Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015 Jun 13 6 1118-24.e3
Hepatocellular Carcinoma. In Schiff's Disease of the Liver
Kubiliun M, Marrero, J (2017).
Honors & Awards
- John S. Miller Award for Outstanding Senior Resident in Internal Medicine
UT Southwestern (2017)
- Amerian Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2017)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2017)
- American Society of Transplantation (2020)