Dr. Kubiliun grew up in Miami, Florida and earned her medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Following medical school, she moved to Dallas to complete both her residency in Internal Medicine, and fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at UT Southwestern. She went on to complete a fellowship in advanced liver disease and transplant hepatology at Massachusetts General Hospital. She joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2021, and specializes in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, and liver transplantation. She is dedicated to providing comprehensive and compassionate care to her patients, and brings enthusiasm for clinical research and program development. Her clinical and research interests are in fatty liver disease, cirrhosis, and liver transplantation.
In addition to medicine, Dr. Kubiliun enjoys traveling, cooking, reading, and spending time with her family.
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of Florida (2010)
- Medical School
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (2014)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Gastroenterology/hepatology
- Massachusetts General Hospital (2021), Transplant Hepatology
- Alcohol Asociated Liver Disease (ALD)
- Liver Transplantation
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Pro: Liver Transplantation Should Be Considered in Select Patients With Acute Alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Kubiliun MJ, Rich NE, Singal A, Mufti AR, Clin Liver Dis (Hoboken) 2019 May 13 5 140-143
- Neurological autoimmune disorders with prominent gastrointestinal manifestations: A review of presentation, evaluation, and treatment.
- Blackburn KM, Kubiliun M, Harris S, Vernino S, Neurogastroenterol. Motil. 2019 Apr e13611
- Early liver transplantation for alcoholic hepatitis: Ready for primetime?
- Kubiliun M, Patel SJ, Hur C, Dienstag JL, Luther J, J Hepatol 2018 03 68 3 380-382
- Concentrations of 6-thioguanine nucleotide correlate with trough levels of infliximab in patients with inflammatory bowel disease on combination therapy.
- Yarur AJ, Kubiliun MJ, Czul F, Sussman DA, Quintero MA, Jain A, Drake KA, Hauenstein SI, Lockton S, Deshpande AR, Barkin JS, Singh S, Abreu MT, Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2015 Jun 13 6 1118-24.e3
Hepatocellular Carcinoma. In Schiff's Disease of the Liver
Kubiliun M, Marrero, J (2017).
Honors & Awards
- John S. Miller Award for Outstanding Senior Resident in Internal Medicine
UT Southwestern (2017)
- American Society of Transplantation (2020)
- Amerian Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2017)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2017)