It's very rewarding as a physician to help patients improve with effective treatment options and impact their life in that way.
Originally from Oklahoma City, Dr. Chin holds a bachelor's degree with honors in biology from the University of Texas at Austin. She earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She also holds a master's degree in clinical science with honors from UT Southwestern Medical Center. She completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She then completed advanced training through a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of California San Diego.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Chin joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2007.
Dr. Chin's clinical interests include pulmonary hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.
Dr. Chin has served as a principal investigator on many phase II, III, and IV clinical trials in pulmonary hypertension.
Dr. Chin is a member of the American Thoracic Society, the Pulmonary Hypertension Association, and the American College of Chest Physicians.
Texas Monthly has named Dr. Chin a Super Doctor for the past several years.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1996)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Internal Medicine
- University of California at San Diego School of Medicine (2005), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Prognostic Value of Echocardiographic Variables Before and After Initiation of Parenteral Prostacyclin Therapy: An Observational Study.
- Shah T, Manthena P, Patel C, Chuah A, Hardin EA, Torres F, Bartolome SD, Chin KM, Chest 2022 Apr
- Three- Versus Two-Drug Therapy for Patients With Newly Diagnosed Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- Chin KM, Sitbon O, Doelberg M, Feldman J, Gibbs JSR, Grünig E, Hoeper MM, Martin N, Mathai SC, McLaughlin VV, Perchenet L, Poch D, Saggar R, Simonneau G, Galiè N, J Am Coll Cardiol 2021 Oct 78 14 1393-1403
- Association of NT-proBNP and Long-Term Outcome in Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Insights from the Phase III GRIPHON Study.
- Chin KM, Rubin LJ, Channick R, Di Scala L, Gaine S, Galié N, Ghofrani HA, Hoeper MM, Lang IM, McLaughlin VV, Preiss R, Simonneau G, Sitbon O, Tapson VF, Circulation 2019 Apr
- Selexipag for the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- Sitbon O, Channick R, Chin KM, Frey A, Gaine S, Galiè N, Ghofrani HA, Hoeper MM, Lang IM, Preiss R, Rubin LJ, Di Scala L, Tapson V, Adzerikho I, Liu J, Moiseeva O, Zeng X, Simonneau G, McLaughlin VV N. Engl. J. Med. 2015 Dec 373 26 2522-33
- International Classification of Diseases coding changes lead to profound declines in reported idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension mortality and hospitalizations: implications for database studies.
- Link J, Glazer C, Torres F, Chin K Chest 2011 Mar 139 3 497-504
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Chin KM, Rubin LJ J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2008 Apr 51 16 1527-38
- Is methamphetamine use associated with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension?
- Chin KM, Channick RN, Rubin LJ Chest 2006 Dec 130 6 1657-63
- "Treat-to-close": Non-repairable ASD-PAH in the adult: Results from the North American ASD-PAH (NAAP) Multicenter Registry.
- Bradley EA, Ammash N, Martinez SC, Chin K, Hebson C, Singh HS, Aboulhosn J, Grewal J, Billadello J, Chakinala MM, Daniels CJ, Zaidi AN, Int. J. Cardiol. 2019 Sep 291 127-133
- Differentiating Precapillary From Postcapillary Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Naeije R, Chin K, Circulation 2019 Aug 140 9 712-714
- Discordance between Imaging Modalities in the Evaluation of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension: A Combined Experience from Two Academic Medical Centers.
- Furfaro D, Azadi J, Housten T, Kolb TM, Damico RL, Hassoun PM, Chin K, Mathai SC, Ann Am Thorac Soc 2019 Feb 16 2 277-280
Pulmonary Hypertension. In Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine
Chin KM, Channick RN. (2015).
Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. In Pulmonary Vascular Disease
Chin K, Fedullo P. (2006).
Surgical Treatments. In Pulmonary Hypertension. A Patient's Survival Guide
Chin KM, Torres F (2011).
Honors & Awards
- Finalist, Alfred Soffer Research Award
ACCP Original Research Award (2007)
- College of Natural Sciences College Scholar Award
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Medical School Scholarship 1992-1996
- College of Natural Science Dean’s Honor List 1989-1992
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Thoracic Society
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association