- Medical School
- Universidad Central del Caribe (1992)
- George Washington University Hospital (1993), Internal Medicine
- George Washington University Hospital (1996), Neurology
- George Washington University Medical Center (1997), Clinical Neurophysiology
- UT Health Science Center (1998), Neurocritical Care
- Large Vessel Disease Ischemia
- Preventative agents in Stroke
- Reactivation of Stroke Symptoms
- Small Subcortical Strokes
- Recent Trends in Electively Treated Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms.
- Salahuddin H, Siddiqui NS, Castonguay AC, Johnson M, Zaidi SF, Jumaa MA, J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2019 Jul 28 7 2011-2017
- Final Results of the RHAPSODY Trial: A Multi-Center, Phase 2 Trial Using a Continual Reassessment Method to Determine the Safety and Tolerability of 3K3A-APC, A Recombinant Variant of Human Activated Protein C, in Combination with Tissue Plasminogen Activator, Mechanical Thrombectomy or both in Moderate to Severe Acute Ischemic Stroke.
- Lyden P, Pryor KE, Coffey CS, Cudkowicz M, Conwit R, Jadhav A, Sawyer RN, Claassen J, Adeoye O, Song S, Hannon P, Rost NS, Hinduja A, Torbey M, Lee JM, Benesch C, Rippee M, Rymer M, Froehler MT, Clarke Haley E, Johnson M, Yankey J, Magee K, Qidwai J, Levy H, Mark Haacke E, Fawaz M, Davis TP, Toga AW, Griffin JH, Zlokovic BV, Ann. Neurol. 2019 01 85 1 125-136
- An Audit of Thrombophilia Testing in Patients with Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack: The Futility of Testing.
- Gavva C, Johnson M, De Simone N, Sarode R J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2018 Aug
- Mechanical thrombectomy in cerebral venous thrombosis: systematic review of 185 cases.
- Siddiqui FM, Dandapat S, Banerjee C, Zuurbier SM, Johnson M, Stam J, Coutinho JM, Stroke 2015 May 46 5 1263-8
- Amphetamine and other pharmacological agents in human and animal studies of recovery from stroke.
- Walker-Batson D, Mehta J, Smith P, Johnson M Prog. Neuropsychopharmacol. Biol. Psychiatry 2015 Apr
- Mechanical Thrombectomy versus Intrasinus Thrombolysis for Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis: A Non-Randomized Comparison.
- Siddiqui FM, Banerjee C, Zuurbier SM, Hao Q, Ahn C, Pride GL, Wasay M, Majoie CB, Liebeskind D, Johnson M, Stam J Interv Neuroradiol 2014 Jun 20 3 336-44
- Aggressive medical treatment with or without stenting in high-risk patients with intracranial artery stenosis (SAMMPRIS): the final results of a randomised trial.
- Derdeyn CP, Chimowitz MI, Lynn MJ, Fiorella D, Turan TN, Janis LS, Montgomery J, Nizam A, Lane BF, Lutsep HL, Barnwell SL, Waters MF, Hoh BL, Hourihane JM, Levy EI, Alexandrov AV, Harrigan MR, Chiu D, Klucznik RP, Clark JM, McDougall CG, Johnson MD, Pride GL, Lynch JR, Zaidat OO, Rumboldt Z, Cloft HJ Lancet 2014 Jan 383 9914 333-41
- Stenting versus aggressive medical therapy for intracranial arterial stenosis.
- Chimowitz MI, Lynn MJ, Derdeyn CP, Turan TN, Fiorella D, Lane BF, Janis LS, Lutsep HL, Barnwell SL, Waters MF, Hoh BL, Hourihane JM, Levy EI, Alexandrov AV, Harrigan MR, Chiu D, Klucznik RP, Clark JM, McDougall CG, Johnson MD, Pride GL, Torbey MT, Zaidat OO, Rumboldt Z, Cloft HJ N. Engl. J. Med. 2011 Sep 365 11 993-1003
- Neurologic Presentations of Infective Endocarditis
- Johnson, MD; Johnson, CD Neurologic Clinics: Neurology and Systemic Disease February 2010 1/28 311-321
- Transcranial Doppler: An Introduction for Primary Care Physicians
- Kassab MY, Majid A, Farooq MU, Azbary H, Hershey LA, Bednarczyk EM, Graybeal DF, Johnson MD J Am Board Fam Med January 2007 20 65-71
Honors & Awards
- Trephined Cranium Award
Resident Award for Excellence in Teaching (2019)
- Stroke Volunter Award
Dallas/Fort Worth and East Texas AHA South Central Affiliate (2007)
- Gold Level of service PACT
Employee Recognition Program (2006)
- Trephined Cranium Award
Resident Award for Excellence in Teaching (2005)
- American Academy of Neurology Scholarship for Residents
Selected by faculty in residency program (1996)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Since medical school cum laude graduation (1992)
- American Stroke Association (1997)
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Neuroimaging
- World Stroke Organization