- Medical School
- AGA Khan University, Pakistan (1993)
- National Institute of Child Health (1994), Pediatrics
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1998), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2001), Pediatric Cardiology
- Graduate School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2002)
- Genetic causes of congenital heart disease
- Estimated Maternal Pesticide Exposure from Drinking Water and Heart Defects in Offspring.
- Kim J, Swartz MD, Langlois PH, Romitti PA, Weyer P, Mitchell LE, Luben TJ, Ramakrishnan A, Malik S, Lupo PJ, Feldkamp ML, Meyer RE, Winston JJ, Reefhuis J, Blossom SJ, Bell E, Agopian AJ Int J Environ Res Public Health 2017 Aug 14 8
- Association of Antegrade Pulmonary Artery Diastolic Velocity with Spontaneous Closure of the Patent Ductus Arteriosus in Extremely Low-Birth-Weight Infants.
- Weiss DM, Kaiser JR, Swearingen C, Malik S, Sachdeva R Am J Perinatol 2015 Nov 32 13 1217-24
- Genetic variation affects congenital heart defect susceptibility in offspring exposed to maternal tobacco use.
- Tang X, Hobbs CA, Cleves MA, Erickson SW, MacLeod SL, Malik S Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2015 Oct 103 10 834-42
- Comparison of in-hospital and longer-term outcomes of hybrid and Norwood stage 1 palliation of hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
- Malik S, Bird TM, Jaquiss RD, Morrow WR, Robbins JM J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2015 Sep 150 3 474-80.e2
- Conotruncal heart defects and common variants in maternal and fetal genes in folate, homocysteine, and transsulfuration pathways.
- Hobbs CA, Cleves MA, Macleod SL, Erickson SW, Tang X, Li J, Li M, Nick T, Malik S Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2014 Feb 100 2 116-26
- Doppler tissue imaging and catheter-derived measures are not independent predictors of rejection in pediatric heart transplant recipients.
- Sachdeva R, Malik S, Seib PM, Frazier EA, Cleves MA Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 2011 Oct 27 7 947-54
- Risk factors for prosthesis failure in pulmonary valve replacement.
- Zubairi R, Malik S, Jaquiss RD, Imamura M, Gossett J, Morrow WR Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2011 Feb 91 2 561-5
- Tricuspid annular and septal Doppler tissue velocities are reduced in pediatric heart transplant recipients without acute rejection.
- Sachdeva R, Malik S, Bornemeier RA, Frazier EA, Cleves MA J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008 Jun 21 6 720-4
- Maternal smoking and congenital heart defects.
- Malik S, Cleves MA, Honein MA, Romitti PA, Botto LD, Yang S, Hobbs CA Pediatrics 2008 Apr 121 4 e810-6
- Seeking causes: Classifying and evaluating congenital heart defects in etiologic studies.
- Botto LD, Lin AE, Riehle-Colarusso T, Malik S, Correa A Birth Defects Res. Part A Clin. Mol. Teratol. 2007 Oct 79 10 714-27
- Texas Medical Board (1999)
- American Board of Pediatrics (1998)