Catherine Orsak, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Among other roles, she serves as Medical Director of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital and Director of the Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship. She specializes in consultation-liaison psychiatry.
Dr. Orsak completed her undergraduate degree at Yale University and earned her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine. She completed a residency in psychiatry at George Washington University Medical Center and received advanced training in consultation-liaison psychiatry through a fellowship at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Orsak joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1998. She is a member of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, the American Psychiatric Association, and the Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1990)
- Baylor College of Medicine (1991), Psychiatry
- George Washington University (1994), Psychiatry
- Georgetown University Medical Center (1995), Consultation/liaison Psychiatry
- Evaluation of the value of team-based psychiatric consultation in a general hospital setting.
- Orsak C, Thomas A, Bush P, Brown ES Int J Psychiatry Med 2017 Jan 91217417749798
- Veterans affairs and academic medical center affiliations: the north Texas experience.
- Mohl PC, Hendrickse W, Orsak C, Vermette H Acad Psychiatry 2009 Jan-Feb 33 1 17-22
- Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (1997)
- Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (1994)
- American Psychiatric Association (1990)