Ashley Hickman Zink, M.D.
Clinical Associate Professor
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. M. Ashley Hickman Zink is a member of the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics at UT Southwestern.
A specialist in maternal-fetal medicine, Dr. Hickman Zink sees patients at the UT Southwestern Maternal-Fetal Medicine Clinic in Plano. Her office is conveniently located on the first floor of the Children's Medical Center Ambulatory Care Pavilion on the campus of Children's Medical Center - Legacy in Plano.
Dr. Hickman Zink provides the full spectrum of maternal-fetal medicine consultative services. This includes management of pre-existing maternal medical conditions that may adversely affect the mother or her unborn child, and conditions that arise during pregnancy such as gestational diabetes or pre-term labor.
She provides detailed ultrasound assessments of fetal anatomy, specialized ultrasounds for aneuploidy screening, and more invasive procedures such as amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), percutaneous umbilical blood sampling (PUBS), intrauterine transfusion, or shunting procedures when indicated.
Dr. Hickman Zink works closely with each patient’s primary obstetrician as well as pediatric subspecialists at Children’s Medical Center to determine optimal strategies for ongoing prenatal evaluation, delivery planning, and postnatal management. She enjoys being able to provide preconception or inter-pregnancy counseling to help high-risk families plan for a healthy pregnancy.
A 2003 graduate of UT Southwestern Medical School, Dr. Hickman Zink completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, followed by a three-year fellowship in maternal-fetal medicine at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
Dr. Hickman Zink’s professional affiliations include the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, the International Fetal Medicine and Surgery Society, and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
In her free time, she enjoys baking, scrapbooking, traveling, and outdoor activities like hiking and canoeing. She is active in her church and volunteers with the Dallas Pregnancy Resource Center. She speaks English and conversational Spanish.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2003)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill (2010), Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Metformin Compared with Insulin in the Treatment of Pregnant Women with Overt Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Hickman MA, McBride R, Boggess KA, Strauss R Am J Perinatol 2012 Oct
- Efficacy of an accelerated hepatitis B vaccination program during pregnancy.
- Sheffield JS, Hickman A, Tang J, Moss K, Kourosh A, Crawford NM, Wendel GD Obstet Gynecol 2011 May 117 5 1130-5
- Maternal periodontal disease is associated with oxidative stress during pregnancy.
- Hickman MA, Boggess KA, Moss KL, Beck JD, Offenbacher S Am J Perinatol 2011 Mar 28 3 247-52
Honors & Awards
- 2019 - Patient and Family Recognition Award
This award honors clinical faculty whose dedication to the compassionate, respectful delivery of exceptional patient care has garnered the highest degree of patient trust and satisfaction. (2019)
- Super Doctors in Texas - Rising Star 2012, 2013, 2014
Maternal-Fetal Medicine; Obstetrics/Gynecology (2012-2014)
- Best Oral Presentation
29th Annual Meeting for Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (2009)
- Young Researcher Award
- Young Researcher Award
- Rigoberto Santos
Excellence in Ultrasonography (2007)
- Highest Resident Score