- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2002)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- McGaw Medical Center Northwestern University (2008), Cardiology
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Long-term Cardiovascular Risk
- Long-term Risk Estimation
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Carotid Artery
- Midlife Fitness and the Development of Chronic Conditions in Later Life.
- Willis BL, Gao A, Leonard D, Defina LF, Berry JD Arch. Intern. Med. 2012 Aug 1-8
- Association between family history and coronary heart disease death across long-term follow-up in men: the Cooper Center Longitudinal Study.
- Bachmann JM, Willis BL, Ayers CR, Khera A, Berry JD Circulation 2012 Jun 125 25 3092-8
- Lifetime risks of cardiovascular disease.
- Berry JD, Dyer A, Cai X, Garside DB, Ning H, Thomas A, Greenland P, Van Horn L, Tracy RP, Lloyd-Jones DM N. Engl. J. Med. 2012 Jan 366 4 321-9
- Cardiorespiratory fitness and classification of risk of cardiovascular disease mortality.
- Gupta S, Rohatgi A, Ayers CR, Willis BL, Haskell WL, Khera A, Drazner MH, de Lemos JA, Berry JD Circulation 2011 Apr 123 13 1377-83
- Lifetime risks for cardiovascular disease mortality by cardiorespiratory fitness levels measured at ages 45, 55, and 65 years in men. The Cooper Center Longitudinal Study.
- Berry JD, Willis B, Gupta S, Barlow CE, Lakoski SG, Khera A, Rohatgi A, de Lemos JA, Haskell W, Lloyd-Jones DM J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011 Apr 57 15 1604-10
- Prevalence and progression of subclinical atherosclerosis in younger adults with low short-term but high lifetime estimated risk for cardiovascular disease: the coronary artery risk development in young adults study and multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis.
- Berry JD, Liu K, Folsom AR, Lewis CE, Carr JJ, Polak JF, Shea S, Sidney S, O'Leary DH, Chan C, Lloyd-Jones DM Circulation 2009 Jan 119 3 382-9
- Biomarkers of chronic cardiac injury and hemodynamic stress identify a malignant phenotype of left ventricular hypertrophy in the general population.
- Neeland IJ, Drazner MH, Berry JD, Ayers CR, Defilippi C, Seliger SL, Nambi V, McGuire DK, Omland T, de Lemos JA J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2013 Jan 61 2 187-95
- Lifetime risk and years lived free of total cardiovascular disease.
- Wilkins JT, Ning H, Berry J, Zhao L, Dyer AR, Lloyd-Jones DM JAMA 2012 Nov 308 17 1795-801
- Lifetime risk for cancer death by sex and smoking status: the lifetime risk pooling project.
- Gawron A, Hou L, Ning H, Berry JD, Lloyd-Jones DM Cancer Causes Control 2012 Oct 23 10 1729-37
- Association of cardiorespiratory fitness with total, cardiovascular, and noncardiovascular mortality across 3 decades of follow-up in men and women.
- Vigen R, Ayers C, Willis B, DeFina L, Berry JD Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2012 May 5 3 358-64
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- AstraZeneca’s Cardiovascular Young Investigators’ Forum, First Place
- Elizabeth Barrett-Connor Award Winner from the American Heart Association
- American Heart Association, Council on Epidemiology and Prevention