Q. Mark Adams, MD, MS, MBA, BS ChE, is a Faculty Associate in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Following completion of his Neurology Residency training at UT Southwestern, he opened a solo Neurology practice, which remained active until stepping into his current position in 2020. Although Dr. Adams has special interest in MS and other Neuroimmunologic disorders, he remains intrigued by the great variety and complexity of general Neurology, including epilepsy, Parkinson's, migraine, peripheral neurology, Dystonia and other clinical applications of botulinum toxin.
Dr. Adams earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He holds, in addition, a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, a master's degree in business administration from Texas Christian University, and a master's degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Texas at Arlington.
Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Adams is a longtime member of the American Academy of Neurology. For a number of years, Dr. Adams has served as an adjunct instructor and lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Texas at Arlington, and worked as a chemical engineer for several years before attending medical school. He is a member of national honor societies in the fields of chemical engineering, business and mathematics.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Medicine (1985)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Lubbock (1986), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1989), Neurology
- Graduate School
- The University of Texas at Arlington (2011)
- Use of botulinum toxin type B for migraine and tension headaches.
- M.O. Fadeyi and Q. Mark Adams Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2002 59 1860-2
- Facial-auditory nerve oxalosis.
- Anderson B, Adams QM. Am J. Med 1989 1 88 87-88
- A case of hypoxemia, optic nerve atrophy and non-refractive visual loss.
- Quentin M. Adams, et. al. Med. Sci. Res. 1987 15 1415-1417
Honors & Awards
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Pi Mu Epsilon-National Honorary Mathematics Society
Elected as student at UT Arlington (2011-2011)
- M.J. Neeley School of Business Neeley Scholar
Award presented by TCU MBA program (2000-2000)
- Texas Neurological Society Research Awards
Awards presented by TNS for research as a Resident at UTSW Neurology (1987-1989)
- National Chemical Engineering Honor Society and Chemical Engineering Scholar
UT Austin (1974-1978)
- American Academy of Neurology (1986-2020)