Dr. McKay is originally from Massachusetts and received a B.A. in Sociology and a B.S. in Biology from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. She received her Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA.
She came to Dallas for her postdoctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Jonathan Graff, Ph.D., working first on identifying genes involved in early development using the frog Xenopus laevis as a model system, and then on the study of genes involved in adipogenesis using mice. S
he currently works with James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D., and is the Director of Research Administration for the Kidney Cancer Program. Dr. McKay’s interests outside of science include her family, reading, and hiking.
- University of Massachusetts Da (1987), Biology
- Graduate School
- Carnegie Mellon University (1996), Biology
- Renal Cell Carcinoma
- High-throughput simultaneous screen and counterscreen identifies homoharringtonine as synthetic lethal with von Hippel-Lindau loss in renal cell carcinoma.
- Wolff NC, Pavía-Jiménez A, Tcheuyap VT, Alexander S, Vishwanath M, Christie A, Xie XJ, Williams NS, Kapur P, Posner B, McKay RM, Brugarolas J Oncotarget 2015 Jul 6 19 16951-62
- Bap1 is essential for kidney function and cooperates with Vhl in renal tumorigenesis.
- Wang SS, Gu YF, Wolff N, Stefanius K, Christie A, Dey A, Hammer RE, Xie XJ, Rakheja D, Pedrosa I, Carroll T, McKay RM, Kapur P, Brugarolas J Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Nov 111 46 16538-43
- A restricted cell population propagates glioblastoma growth after chemotherapy.
- Chen J, Li Y, Yu TS, McKay RM, Burns DK, Kernie SG, Parada LF Nature 2012 Aug 488 7412 522-6
- Malignant glioma: lessons from genomics, mouse models, and stem cells.
- Chen J, McKay RM, Parada LF Cell 2012 Mar 149 1 36-47
- Neurofibromin modulates adult hippocampal neurogenesis and behavioral effects of antidepressants.
- Li Y, Li Y, McKay RM, Riethmacher D, Parada LF J. Neurosci. 2012 Mar 32 10 3529-39
- Tripeptidyl peptidase II promotes fat formation in a conserved fashion.
- McKay RM, McKay JP, Suh JM, Avery L, Graff JM EMBO Rep. 2007 Dec 8 12 1183-9
- C elegans: a model for exploring the genetics of fat storage.
- McKay RM, McKay JP, Avery L, Graff JM Dev. Cell 2003 Jan 4 1 131-42
- The casein kinase I family in Wnt signaling.
- McKay RM, Peters JM, Graff JM Dev. Biol. 2001 Jul 235 2 388-96
- The casein kinase I family: roles in morphogenesis.
- McKay RM, Peters JM, Graff JM Dev. Biol. 2001 Jul 235 2 378-87
- Casein kinase I transduces Wnt signals.
- Peters JM, McKay RM, McKay JP, Graff JM Nature 1999 Sep 401 6751 345-50