Gus Zhang earned his BS in Biology from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in 2007. He went on to earn his MD at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2012, and stayed at UT Southwestern Medical Center for residency in psychiatry. In 2016, he joined the faculty as a member of the consult-liaison service at Clements University Hospital.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Psychiatry
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Somatization disorders
- Valproic acid-induced eosinophilic pleural effusion: A case report and brief review.
- Zhang G, Ann Clin Psychiatry 2020 Nov 32 4 288-290
- Somatization disorder and somatoform symptoms in systematically studied survivors of 10 disasters.
- Zhang G, North CS Ann Clin Psychiatry 2017 Aug 29 3 182-190
- Psychiatric disorders after terrorist bombings among rescue workers and bombing survivors in Nairobi and rescue workers in Oklahoma City.
- Zhang G, Pfefferbaum B, Narayanan P, Lee S, Thielman S, North CS Ann Clin Psychiatry 2016 Feb 28 1 22-30
- The course of postdisaster psychiatric disorders in directly exposed civilians after the US Embassy bombing in Nairobi, Kenya: a follow-up study.
- Zhang G, North CS, Narayanan P, Kim YS, Thielman S, Pfefferbaum B Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2013 Feb 48 2 195-203
- Heart rate, lifespan, and mortality risk.
- Zhang GQ, Zhang W, Ageing Res Rev 2009 Jan 8 1 52-60
- Bare skin, blood and the evolution of primate colour vision.
- Changizi MA, Zhang Q, Shimojo S, Biol Lett 2006 Jun 2 2 217-21
- The structures of letters and symbols throughout human history are selected to match those found in objects in natural scenes.
- Changizi MA, Zhang Q, Ye H, Shimojo S, Am Nat 2006 May 167 5 E117-39
- Hypertension and counter-hypertension mechanisms in giraffes.
- Zhang QG, Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 2006 Mar 6 1 63-7
Honors & Awards
- George Winokur Clinical Research Award
American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists (2019)
- Chairmans Research Award for Excellence in Research
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016)
- Outstanding Medical Student in Psychiatry
North Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians (2012)
- American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists
- American Psychiatric Association