Merlyn Sayers, M.D.
- University of Witwatersrand - , Chemistry
- University of Witwatersrand - , Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Witwatersrand -
- Community Health
- Transfusion transmitted infection
- Glycated hemoglobin in 14,850 adolescent blood donors: a pilot screening program
- Gore MO, Eason SJ, Ayers CR, Turer A, Khera A, de Lemos JA, McGuire DK, Sayers M Diabetes Care 2014 1 37 e3-4
- Screening for babesiosis: where is the policy?
- Katz LM, Sayers M Transfusion 2014 9 54 2154-6
- Concerning iron balance in blood donors
- Sayers M, Centilli J Transfusion 2014 11 54 3010-3
- Contemplating the effect on blood availability if the inter-donation interval of 56 days is prolonged
- Sayers M, Centilli J Transfusion 2013 53 1132-1136
- Fresh blood or old blood? How shall we manage the inventories?
- Sayers M Transfusion 2013 53 3032-3035
- The aging of the donor base
- Sayers M, Centilli J Transfusion 2012 52 2712-2722
- What if shelf life becomes a consideration in ordering red blood cells?
- Sayers M, Centilli J Transfusion 2012 Volume 52 January 201-206
- Experience with routine total nonfasting blood cholesterol screening of volunteer blood and component donors
- Eason S, Goudar S, Centilli J, Sayers M Transfusion 2011 Volume 51 April 2011 731-736
- Reforming health care will require a new delivery paradigm in transfusion medicine
- Popovsky M, Sayers M, Ness P, Foote S Transfusion 2010 Volume 50 October 2277-2280
- The Rapa Nui caveat
- Sayers M Transfusion 2009 Volume 49 February 385-387
Honors & Awards
America's Blood Centers (2003)
- American Association of Blood Banks
- America's Blood Centers, Executive Committee (2001-2007)
- California Blood Bank Society
- King County Medical Society