Dr. Michael Lee is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He serves as the clinical course director for The Ambulatory Care Rotation. He is a supervising attending at the Los Barrios Unidos Clinic, as well as a Continuity of Care Clinic attending. Dr. Lee received his medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School and completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. His interests include medical student and resident education.
- General Pediatrics
- Medical Student Education
- MRSA Infections
- Resident Education
- Disseminated coxsackie A9 infection complicating bone marrow transplantation.
- Aquino VM, Farah RA, Lee MC, Sandler ES Pediatr. Infect. Dis. J. 1996 Nov 15 11 1053-4
- Parent Mentors and Insuring Uninsured Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Flores G, Lin H, Walker C, Lee M, Currie JM, Allgeyer R, Fierro M, Henry M, Portillo A, Massey K Pediatrics 2016 Apr 137 4
- A cross-sectional study of parental awareness of and reasons for lack of health insurance among minority children, and the impact on health, access to care, and unmet needs.
- Flores G, Lin H, Walker C, Lee M, Portillo A, Henry M, Fierro M, Massey K Int J Equity Health 2016 15 44
- Raising Bilingual Children: A Qualitative Study of Parental Attitudes, Beliefs, and Intended Behaviors.
- Lee M, Shetgiri R, Barina A, Tillitski J, Flores G Hisp J Behav Sci 2015 Nov 37 4 503-521
- Design, methods, and baseline characteristics of the Kids' Health Insurance by Educating Lots of Parents (Kids' HELP) trial: A randomized, controlled trial of the effectiveness of parent mentors in insuring uninsured minority children.
- Flores G, Walker C, Lin H, Lee M, Fierro M, Henry M, Massey K, Portillo A Contemp Clin Trials 2014 Dec 40C 124-137
- A Successful Program for Training Parent Mentors to Provide Assistance With Obtaining Health Insurance for Uninsured Children.
- Flores G, Walker C, Lin H, Lee M, Fierro M, Henry M, Massey K, Portillo A Acad Pediatr 2014 Dec
- Management and outcome of children with skin and soft tissue abscesses caused by community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Lee MC, Rios AM, Aten MF, Mejias A, Cavuoti D, McCracken GH, Hardy RD Pediatr. Infect. Dis. J. 2004 Feb 23 2 123-7
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2010-2011)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
- Texas Pediatric Society