Dr. Michael Lee is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He serves as the clinical course director for The Ambulatory Care Rotation and is a continuity attending at Children’s Health Pediatric Group. Dr. Lee received his medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School and completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. His interests include medical student and resident education.
- Baylor University
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1995), Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Medical Student Education
- MRSA Infections
- Resident Education
- Parent Mentoring Program Increases Coverage Rates For Uninsured Latino Children.
- Flores G, Lin H, Walker C, Lee M, Currie J, Allgeyer R, Fierro M, Henry M, Portillo A, Massey K Health Aff (Millwood) 2018 Mar 37 3 403-412
- Parent Mentors and Insuring Uninsured Children: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Flores G, Lin H, Walker C, Lee M, Currie JM, Allgeyer R, Fierro M, Henry M, Portillo A, Massey K Pediatrics 2016 Apr 137 4
- A cross-sectional study of parental awareness of and reasons for lack of health insurance among minority children, and the impact on health, access to care, and unmet needs.
- Flores G, Lin H, Walker C, Lee M, Portillo A, Henry M, Fierro M, Massey K Int J Equity Health 2016 15 44
- Raising Bilingual Children: A Qualitative Study of Parental Attitudes, Beliefs, and Intended Behaviors.
- Lee M, Shetgiri R, Barina A, Tillitski J, Flores G Hisp J Behav Sci 2015 Nov 37 4 503-521
- Design, methods, and baseline characteristics of the Kids' Health Insurance by Educating Lots of Parents (Kids' HELP) trial: A randomized, controlled trial of the effectiveness of parent mentors in insuring uninsured minority children.
- Flores G, Walker C, Lin H, Lee M, Fierro M, Henry M, Massey K, Portillo A Contemp Clin Trials 2014 Dec 40C 124-137
- A Successful Program for Training Parent Mentors to Provide Assistance With Obtaining Health Insurance for Uninsured Children.
- Flores G, Walker C, Lin H, Lee M, Fierro M, Henry M, Massey K, Portillo A Acad Pediatr 2014 Dec
- Management and outcome of children with skin and soft tissue abscesses caused by community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Lee MC, Rios AM, Aten MF, Mejias A, Cavuoti D, McCracken GH, Hardy RD Pediatr. Infect. Dis. J. 2004 Feb 23 2 123-7
- Disseminated coxsackie A9 infection complicating bone marrow transplantation.
- Aquino VM, Farah RA, Lee MC, Sandler ES Pediatr. Infect. Dis. J. 1996 Nov 15 11 1053-4
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016-2018)
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2010-2011)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Texas Pediatric Society