Jennifer Cao, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in pediatric uveitis and ocular immunologic diseases.
Dr. Cao earned her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine. She completed a residency in ophthalmology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center and gained advanced training in uveitis and ocular immunology through a fellowship at the Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution (MERSI), where she served as Co-Chief Fellow.
Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, Dr. Cao joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Uveitis Society, and the Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Cao has lectured widely and published numerous original research articles, monographs, and case reports related to her areas of expertise. Her recent publications include “Successful Treatment With Infliximab After Adalimumab Failure in Pediatric Noninfectious Uveitis” in the Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2010)
- Carolinas Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado Denver (2014), Ophthalmology
- Massachusetts Eye Research & Surgery Institution (2015), Uveitis & Ocular Inflammatory Disease
- The Detection of Occult Retinal Vasculitis on Fluorescein Angiography in Pediatric Uveitis.
- Abraham A, Saboo US, Ducca BL, Lawand AT, Ronconi C, Cao JH, Ophthalmol Retina 2020 02 4 2 198-203
- The effect of patient compliance on remission rates in pediatric noninfectious uveitis.
- Ashkenazy N, Saboo US, Robertson ZM, Cao J, J AAPOS 2019 12 23 6 334.e1-334.e6
- Successful treatment with infliximab after adalimumab failure in pediatric noninfectious uveitis.
- Ashkenazy N, Saboo US, Abraham A, Ronconi C, Cao JH, J AAPOS 2019 Jun 23 3 151.e1-151.e5
- A Case of Endophthalmitis After Bilateral Medial Rectus Recession.
- Patel SB, Reddy N, Hogan RN, Cao JH J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 2017 Jun 54 e37-e41
- Bilateral Hypopyons as a Presenting Symptom.
- Matei VM, Cao JH, Foster CS JAMA Ophthalmol 2016 Sep
- Birdshot Retinochoroidopathy: Differences in Clinical Characteristics between Patients with Early and Late Age of Onset.
- Silpa-Archa S, Cao JH, Boonsopon S, Lee J, Preble JM, Foster CS Ocul. Immunol. Inflamm. 2016 Apr 1-7
- VISUAL OUTCOME AND POOR PROGNOSTIC FACTORS IN ISOLATED IDIOPATHIC RETINAL VASCULITIS.
- Maleki A, Cao JH, Silpa-Archa S, Foster CS Retina (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2016 Mar
- BIRDSHOT CHORIORETINITIS LESIONS ON INDOCYANINE GREEN ANGIOGRAPHY AS AN INDICATOR OF DISEASE ACTIVITY.
- Cao JH, Silpa-Archa S, Freitas-Neto CA, Foster CS Retina (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2016 Mar
- Rituximab in the Treatment of Refractory Non-Infectious Scleritis.
- Cao JH, Oray M, Cocho L, Stephen Foster C Am. J. Ophthalmol. 2016 Jan
- Increased Submacular Choroidal Thickness in Active, Isolated, Extramacular Toxoplasmosis.
- Freitas-Neto CA, Cao JH, Oréfice JL, Costa RA, Oréfice F, Lee J, Payal A, Foster CS Ophthalmology 2015 Aug