- Global Health
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Infectious Disease
- Pandemic Preparedness
- Personal risk or societal benefit? Investigating adults' support for COVID-19 childhood vaccination.
- Chiavenna C, Leone LP, Melegaro A, Rotesi T, Bokemper SE, Paintsil EE, Malik AA, Huber GA, Omer SB, Cucciniello M, Pin P, Vaccine 2023 Jun 41 25 3683-3687
- Mental Health Impact of COVID-19 among Children and College Students: A Systematic Review.
- Elharake JA, Akbar F, Malik AA, Gilliam W, Omer SB, Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 2023 Jun 54 3 913-925
- Assessing the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in Pakistan: A test-negative case-control study.
- Nisar MI, Ansari N, Malik AA, Shahid S, Lalani KRA, Chandna MA, Younus AM, Hasan Z, Khan U, Khalid F, Mahesar M, Farrukh Qazi M, Yildirim I, Jehan F, Omer SB, J Infect 2023 May 86 5 e144-e147
- Nonsystematic Reporting Biases of the SARS-CoV-2 Variant Mu Could Impact Our Understanding of the Epidemiological Dynamics of Emerging Variants.
- Petrone ME, Lucas C, Menasche B, Breban MI, Yildirim I, Campbell M, Omer SB, Holmes EC, Ko AI, Grubaugh ND, Iwasaki A, Wilen CB, Vogels CBF, Fauver JR, Genome Biol Evol 2023 Apr 15 4
- Incorporating efficacy data from initial trials into subsequent evaluations of vaccines against respiratory syncytial virus.
- Warren JL, Sundaram M, Pitzer VE, Omer SB, Weinberger DM, medRxiv 2023 Mar
- Confronting the evolution and expansion of anti-vaccine activism in the USA in the COVID-19 era.
- Carpiano RM, Callaghan T, DiResta R, Brewer NT, Clinton C, Galvani AP, Lakshmanan R, Parmet WE, Omer SB, Buttenheim AM, Benjamin RM, Caplan A, Elharake JA, Flowers LC, Maldonado YA, Mello MM, Opel DJ, Salmon DA, Schwartz JL, Sharfstein JM, Hotez PJ, Lancet 2023 Mar 401 10380 967-970
- COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance and Hesitancy Among Health Care Workers in Lebanon.
- Youssef NJ, Tfaily NK, Moumneh MBM, Boutros CF, Elharake JA, Malik AA, McFadden SM, Galal B, Yildirim I, Khoshnood K, Omer SB, Memish ZA, Dbaibo GS, J Epidemiol Glob Health 2023 Mar 13 1 55-66
- Age-dependent impairment in antibody responses elicited by a homologous CoronaVac booster dose.
- Filardi BA, Monteiro VS, Schwartzmann PV, do Prado Martins V, Zucca LER, Baiocchi GC, Malik AA, Silva J, Hahn AM, Chen NFG, Pham K, Pérez-Then E, Miric M, Brache V, Cochon L, Larocca RA, Mendez RDR, Bardini Silveira D, Pinto AR, Croda J, Yildirim I, Omer SB, Ko AI, Vermund SH, Grubaugh ND, Iwasaki A, Lucas C, Vogels CBF, Breban M, Koch TR, Chaguza C, Tikhonova I, Castaldi C, Mane S, De Kumar B, Ferguson D, Kerantzas N, Peaper D, Landry ML, Schulz W, Sci Transl Med 2023 Feb 15 683 eade6023
- Characterization of parental intention to vaccinate elementary school aged children in the state of California.
- Dudley MZ, Barnett EE, Paulenich A, Omer SB, Schuh H, Proveaux TM, Buttenheim AM, Klein NP, Delamater P, McFadden SM, Patel KM, Salmon DA, Vaccine 2023 Jan 41 3 630-635
- The legacy of the COVID-19 pandemic for childhood vaccination in the USA.
- Opel DJ, Brewer NT, Buttenheim AM, Callaghan T, Carpiano RM, Clinton C, Elharake JA, Flowers LC, Galvani AP, Hotez PJ, Schwartz JL, Benjamin RM, Caplan A, DiResta R, Lakshmanan R, Maldonado YA, Mello MM, Parmet WE, Salmon DA, Sharfstein JM, Omer SB, Lancet 2023 Jan 401 10370 75-78
Honors & Awards
- Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering (CASE) Member
CASE members are elected based on recognition of their scientific and engineering distinction achieved through significant contributions in theory or applications. (2022)
- National Academy of Medicine Member
One of three academies that make up the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine in the United States. According to NAM, its membership reflects the height of professional achievement and commitment to service. (2022)
- M.A. Privatum
An honorary master's degree awarded by Yale University. (2019)
- Christiaan Eijkman Invited Lecture
This invited lecture at University Medical Center Utrecht is named after the Dutch Nobel Prize winner who discovered Vitamin B1. (2018)
- Millipub Club Award
Recognizes individuals who have published one or more papers that have each garnered more than 1000 citations. Awarded for 5 papers. (2017)
- William H. Foege Chair in Global Health
his endowed chair was established in honor of Dr. William (Bill) Foege with a gift from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Dr. Foege is a former CDC Director and is credited for devising the global strategy that led to smallpox eradication. (2016-2019)
- Millipub Club Award
Recognizes individuals who have published one or more papers that have each garnered more than 1000 citations. Awarded for 5 papers. (2015)
- Bruce Squires Award
Presented annually to the authors of a research article in the Canadian Medical Association Journal that "promotes high standards of reporting and evidence-based medicine." (2014)
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America
Recognizes individuals who have achieved professional excellence and provided significant service to the profession. (2014)
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society Young Investigator Award
Presented by the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society for "independent & productive research that represents outstanding contributions in pediatric infectious diseases (2013)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America Program Choice Award
Presented by the Infectious Diseases Society based on the recommendation of the IDSA program choice committee (2009)
- Maurice R. Hilleman Early-stage Career Investigator Award
Presented by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. The award recognizes individuals in the field of vaccinology based on a specific research contribution and their overall career trajectory. (2009)
- Global Health Institute, Faculty Distinction Fund Award
Presented by Emory University's Global Health Institute (2008)
- Board of Trustees Gavi - the Vaccine Alliance (2023)
- Board of Trustees Sabin Vaccine Institute (2019)
- National Academy of Medicine/NASEM, Committee on Equitable Allocation of Vaccine for the Novel Coronavirus (2020)
- National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC) (2014-2018)
- Pan American Health Organization, Maternal Immunization Working Group (PAHO MIG) (2015)
- Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria - Vaccine Innovation Working Group (2016-2017)
- Public Health Committee, Infectious Diseases Society of America (2014-2017)
- Vaccination Acceptance Research Network (VARN) Steering Committee (2018-2020)
- World Health Organization (WHO-EMRO) Regional Technical Advisory Group for Immunization in the Eastern Mediterranean (2017-2019)
- World Health Organization Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (2019)
- World Health Organization Healthcare Worker Influenza Vaccine Independent Expert Advisory Group (2018-2019)
- World Health Organization, Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) on Vaccines (2023)