Fan-Chi “Frances” Su, Ph.D., Associate Professor, earned a B.S. in radiological sciences from Chang Gung University and an M.S. in medical physics from National Tsing Hua University, both in Taiwan, followed by a Ph.D. in therapeutic medical physics from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Dr. Su joined UT Southwestern's Department of Radiation Oncology from the University of Utah; prior to that, she was a faculty member at Yale University.
Dr. Su has extensive clinical experience in photon and proton radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and treatment planning system management. Her research interests include functional imaging based adaptive therapy, AI-assisted radiation therapy, and clinical workflow optimization.
- AI-assisted radiation therapy
- Clinical workflow optimization
- Functional imaging based adaptive therapy
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
- CAMPEP American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) Travel Award, Dept. of Radiological Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Student Stipend Award, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) 11th Annual Meeting
- Undergraduate Student Research Scholarship, National Science Council
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2018)
- American Brachytherapy Society (2017)
- Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society (2018)