Jue Wang, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Hematology and Oncology. He specializes in treating patients with bladder, kidney, prostate, penile, and testicular cancer.
Dr. Wang holds a master's degree in biochemistry from Suzhou Medical College in China, where he also received his medical degree. He completed internal medicine residency training at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB), followed by a fellowship in medical oncology. He received advanced cancer research training at the Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden Hospital in England, as well as at the Sealy Center for Molecular Hematology and Oncology at UTMB.
Certified in internal medicine and medical oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2023. Previously, he served as Professor of Medicine and Interdisciplinary Oncology at the University of Arizona and Porefessor of Medicine at Creighton University.
Dr. Wang’s research interests focus on the understanding the molecular mechanisms that underlie advanced genitourinary cancer and developing new strategies that improve the effectiveness of cancer treatments and prevent or reduce treatment-related toxicity. He also conducts studies on the processes and patterns of decision making by oncologists and patients, with the goal of optimizing patient-centered care.
His investigations have resulted in 120 publications in peer-reviewed journals and contributions to several medical textbooks related to the field of cancer medicine and infection. Dr. Wang is also a co-inventor of Genomic Patient Intelligence (GPI), an electronic health record-based solution that allows clinicians to collect, store, and integrate genomics information to enhance precision medicine decision-making and delivery of personalized cancer therapies.
Dr. Wang is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and an active member of several other professional organizations, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American College of Physicians. He also serves as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Tumor Research, Annals of Men’s Health and Wellness, and the Journal of Molecular Cancer, as well as the Prostate Cancer Section Editor for Advances in Oncology.
Dr. Wang has received numerous awards for patient care and for his achievements in teaching and research. In 2020 he received the Faculty Service Award from the University of Arizona College of Medicine; in 2022 he received the Silver Certification of Excellence from the National Cancer Institute and the Certificate of Excellence in Clinical Research from the SWOG Cancer Research Network.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Wang's interests include spending time with his family, cooking, reading, and learning to play piano.
- Medical School
- Soochow Medical College (1990)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Soochow Medical College- Master degree of Biochemistry (1993)
- University of Texas Medical Branch (2002), Hyperbaric Medicine
- University of Texas Medical Branch (2005), Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Medical Branch (2007), Medical Oncology
- Clinical and Translational Research of Genitourinary Malignancies
- Underlying Mechanisms of Cancer Treatment-Related Toxicities
- Treatment-Refractory, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer With Liver Metastasis: A Promising Modality of Therapy.
- Findakly D, Duong T, Shimon T, Wang J, Cureus 2022 Jul 14 7 e26881
- Association of Tumor Lysis Syndrome and Metastatic Melanoma.
- Kelkar N, Wang J, Cureus 2021 Sep 13 9 e18108
- A phase II basket trial of Dual Anti-CTLA-4 and Anti-PD-1 Blockade in Rare Tumors (DART) SWOG S1609: High-grade neuroendocrine neoplasm cohort.
- Patel SP, Mayerson E, Chae YK, Strosberg J, Wang J, Konda B, Hayward J, McLeod CM, Chen HX, Sharon E, Othus M, Ryan CW, Plets M, Blanke CD, Kurzrock R, Cancer 2021 Sep 127 17 3194-3201
- Mutant Kras as a Biomarker Plays a Favorable Role in FL118-Induced Apoptosis, Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) Production and Modulation of Survivin, Mcl-1 and XIAP in Human Bladder Cancer.
- Santha S, Ling X, Aljahdali IAM, Rasam SS, Wang X, Liao J, Wang J, Fountzilas C, Li Q, Qu J, Li F, Cancers (Basel) 2020 Nov 12 11
- Circulating Tumor DNA Alterations in Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma and Association with Clinical Outcomes: A Pilot Study.
- Grivas P, Lalani AA, Pond GR, Nagy RJ, Faltas B, Agarwal N, Gupta SV, Drakaki A, Vaishampayan UN, Wang J, Barata PC, Gopalakrishnan D, Naik G, McGregor BA, Kiedrowski LA, Lanman RB, Sonpavde GP, Eur Urol Oncol 2020 Oct 3 5 695-699
- Randomized Double-Blind Phase II Study of Maintenance Pembrolizumab Versus Placebo After First-Line Chemotherapy in Patients With Metastatic Urothelial Cancer.
- Galsky MD, Mortazavi A, Milowsky MI, George S, Gupta S, Fleming MT, Dang LH, Geynisman DM, Walling R, Alter RS, Kassar M, Wang J, Gupta S, Davis N, Picus J, Philips G, Quinn DI, Haines GK, Hahn NM, Zhao Q, Yu M, Pal SK, J Clin Oncol 2020 Jun 38 16 1797-1806
- Tumor Lysis Syndrome in Solid Tumors: A Comprehensive Literature Review, New Insights, and Novel Strategies to Improve Outcomes.
- Findakly D, Luther RD, Wang J, Cureus 2020 May 12 5 e8355
- Misdiagnosis of Small Cell Prostate Cancer: Lessons Learned.
- Findakly D, Wang J, Cureus 2020 May 12 5 e8356
- A Retrospective Review of Tumor Lysis Syndrome Associated With Colorectal Cancer.
- Ansari Z, Findakly D, Wang J, Cureus 2020 May 12 5 e8257
- Molecular Profiling of Benign Metastasizing Leiomyoma of the Uterus Revealing Unique Novel Therapeutic Targets.
- Findakly D, Wang J, Cureus 2020 Apr 12 4 e7701
Honors & Awards
- Certificate of Excellence in Clinical Research
SWOG Cancer Research Network (2022)
- Silver Certification of Excellence for Exceptional Achievement in Patient Enrollments
National Cancer Institute (2022)
- Top Arizona Hematologist-Oncologist
Waiting Room Magazine (2022)
- Top Doctors of Arizona
Modern Luxury Magazine (2022)
- Top Doctors of Scottsdale
Modern Luxury Magazine (2022)
- Faculty Service Award
University of Arizona College of Medicine (2020)
- America's Top Doctors - Medical Oncology
Castle Connolly Medical (2013-2023)
American College of Physicians (2011)
- Educational Award
International Society of Gastrointestinal Oncology (2007)
- Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology (2011)
- American College of Physicians (2003)
- American Medical Association (2003)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2005)
- American Society of Preventive Oncology (2013)
- Association of Community Cancer Centers (2014)
- Connective Tissue Oncology Society (2013)
- International Association of Oncology (2019)
- International Society of Gastrointestinal Oncology (2005)
- International Society of Geriatric Oncology (2006)
- Society for Basic Urologic Research (2017)