Molin Shi, Ph.D. (she/her/t?) is a licensed clinical psychologist who joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2022. Dr. Shi earned her doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology at Texas Tech University after completing predoctoral internship and postdoctoral fellowship at Indiana University School of Medicine specializing in Integrated Primary Care Psychology.
Currently, Dr. Shi serves as a psycho-oncologist providing outpatient psychotherapy services at UT Southwestern's Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center. She is engaged in program development of psycho-oncology services at UT Southwestern Medical Center at RedBird. In addition, Dr. Shi supervises and mentors trainees and conducts clinical research focused on adolescent and young adult (AYA) oncology populations.
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2021)
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University (2021)
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2022)
- health psychology
- integrated primary care psychology
- program development
- Novel Approach to Integrating Mental Health Care into a Primary Care Setting: Development, Implementation, and Outcomes.
- Vohs JL, Shi M, Holmes EG, Butler M, Landsberger SA, Gao S, Ouyang F, Teal E, Merkitch K, Kronenberger W, J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2022 May
- Investigating differences in sex, race/ethnicity, and impulsivity across substance user profiles: a person-centered approach.
- Shi M, Littlefield AK, Stevens AK, J Am Coll Health 2021 10 69 7 725-733
- E-cigarette use among Asian Americans: a systematic review.
- Shi M, Gette JA, Gissandaner TD, Cooke JT, Littlefield AK, J Ethn Subst Abuse 2020 Dec 1-34
- Testing measurement invariance of the UPPS-P Impulsive Behavior Scale in Hispanic/Latino and non-Hispanic/Latino college students.
- Stevens AK, Blanchard BE, Shi M, Littlefield AK, Psychol Assess 2018 02 30 2 280-285
Alcohol use disorder: Overview. In Wiley encyclopedia of health psychology
Blanchard, B. E., Stevens, A. K., Shi, M., & Littlefield, A. K. (2021). Hoboken, NJ, Wiley-Blackwell
Alcohol use disorder: Long-term consequences. In Wiley encyclopedia of health psychology
Stevens, A. K., Blanchard, B. E., Shi, M., & Littlefield, A. (2021). Hoboken, NJ, Wiley-Blackwell
Honors & Awards
- Postdoctoral Health Psychology Award for Clinical Excellence
American Psychological Association Division 38 (Society of Health Psychology) (2022-2022)
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Texas Tech University (2017-2020)
- Student Merit Award
Research Society on Alcoholism (2017)
- Teaching Effectiveness and Career enHancement (TEACH) Program Fellow
Texas Tech University's Teaching, Learning, & Professional Development Center (2017-2018)
- J.T. and Margaret Talkington Graduate Fellowship
Texas Tech University (2015-2019)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Oral Paper
Florida Academy of Sciences (2013)
- American Psychosocial Oncology Society (2022)
- APA Division 38 Society for Health Psychology (2021)
- Asian American Psychological Association (2016)
- Association of Psychologists in Academic Health Centers (2019)
- Dallas Psychological Association (2023)
- Texas Psychological Association (2023)