Shanshan Tang, Ph.D.
Department Radiation Oncology
Shanshan Tang, Ph.D., graduated from Xi’an Jiaotong University with a Ph.D. degree in biophysics in 2014. From 2014 to 2017, Dr. Tang worked as a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Oklahoma. In 2018, Dr. Tang joined the Mayo Clinic as a senior research fellow in the Department of Radiology. After three years, she became a research associate, followed by a promotion to assistant professor. In her new role at UT Southwestern, Dr. Tang will work on ultrasound-guided radiotherapy and treatment outcome prediction for patients after radiotherapy.
- Advanced ultrasound imaging
- Machine learning and outcome prediction
- Medical imaging processing
Honors & Awards
- RSNA Research Prize, Radiological Society of North America
- First Place, CBME 2013 paper competition, Cheng Du, China
- National Scholarship, Ministry of Education of the P.R. of China