Originally from Rhode Island, Dr. Arora holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he graduated magna cum laude and was awarded a Fulbright scholarship to study public health at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. He earned his medical degree at Harvard Medical School and completed his residency in internal medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
A member of the American Board of Internal Medicine and American College of Physicians, Dr. Arora joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
He has delivered international and regional presentations and published several academic articles related to his areas of expertise.
Dr. Vishal is also an active member of the American College of Physicians.
Outside of work, Dr. Arora enjoys spending time with family, golfing, and cooking.
- Medical School
- Harvard Medical School (2019)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (2022), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Rappaport Fellowship
Harvard Kennedy School (2018)
- Best Presenter, Connected Life
University of Oxford (2015)
- Fulbright Scholar, Public Health
U.S. Department of State (2014)
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching
Harvard University (2013)
- Honorable Mention, Hackovate Health
H&R Block (2013)
- Mens' Tennis State Champion, Division III
Michigan High School Athletic Association (2007)
- American College of Physicians (2019)