Ann Mootz, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Ann Mootz, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Breast Imaging Division. Her clinical interests include digital mammography, tomosynthesis, breast sonography, magnetic resonance imaging, and breast interventional procedures.
Dr. Mootz holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Texas Christian University. She earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern, where she also completed her residency in radiology and advanced fellowship training in thoracic radiology. More than 20 years later, she received additional advanced training through a UT Southwestern breast imaging fellowship program.
Dr. Mootz joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1986 and served on the medical staff at Parkland Hospital until 1991. In 2008, she rejoined the faculty so she could work with Phil Evans, M.D., with whom she had worked on the Texas Breast Screening Project sponsored by the American Cancer Society Texas Division. The project’s pioneering work to organize breast cancer screening throughout the state made a deep and lasting impact on her.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Mootz became the first Medical Director of the Zale Lipshy University Hospital Radiology Department. In that role, she oversaw the hospital’s first accreditation with the Joint Commission. She now works closely with the Center for Breast Care in UT Southwestern’s Simmons Cancer Center to provide patients with high-quality, multimodality breast imaging.
Dr. Mootz’s committee service at UT Southwestern is focused on her work at the Center for Breast Care, where she is an active member of the Cryoablation for Breast Cancer Evaluation Team.
She is also a member of several professional societies, including the Society of Breast Imaging, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1981)
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (1982), Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1985), Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1986), Breast Imaging
- Injuries of the chest: the lungs, the pleura, the tracheobronchial tree, the diaphragm and the chest wall in Emergency Radiology (Book Chapter)
- Mootz AR Emergency Radiology (Book Chapter) 1993 315-354
- Mammography in a mobile setting: remaining barriers.
- Mootz AR, Glazer-Waldman H, Evans WP, Peters GN and Kirk LM Radiology 1991 180 161-165
- Pulmonary disease in AIDS patients
- Weissler JC and AR Mootz American Journal of Medical Science 1990 300 330-343
- Apparatus seen on chest radiographs after cardiac surgery in adults.
- Landay MJ, Mootz AR, and AS Estrera Radiology 1990 174 477-482
- Retrocardiac phantom image on hypoycloidal chest tomograms.
- Stenoien R, Mootz AR, and MJ Landay Radiology 1986 161 671-672
Honors & Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- 1987-1989 Medical Advisory Board, The Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Community Liaison, Highland Park Education Foundation
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Scholarship Committee, Dallas Woman’s Club
- Texas Medical Association