Dr. Louissaint holds a bachelor's degree in neuroscience and psychology from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. He earned his medical degree at Cornell Medical College in New York City. He completed internal medicine residency training at Washington University in St. Louis, followed by fellowships in gastroenterology and hepatology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and transplant hepatology at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology, Dr. Louissaint joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Louissaint is a member of several professional societies, including the Association of Black Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists, the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Society of Transplantation, and the American College of Gastroenterology.
Dr. Louissaint’s interests outside of medicine include traveling, exploring new cuisines, and spending time with family and friends.
- Medical School
- Weill Cornell Medicine Medical College (2015)
- Washington University St. Louis - Barnes Jewish Hospital (2018), Internal Medicine
- University of Michigan Hospitals (2021), Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology (2019)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2020)
- American Society of Transplantation (2020)
- Association of Black Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists (2021)