Arhanti Sadanand, M.D., is a board-certified pediatric hematologist and oncologist at Children's Health? who has a specialized clinical interest in treating children diagnosed with solid tumors and . She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern.
She earned her undergraduate degree from New York University where she studied Psychology and Spanish. Her medical degree was awarded by Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine in Richmond, where she was nominated to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Sadanand completed her residency in pediatrics at Washington University in Saint Louis and St. Louis Children’s Hospital in Missouri. She completed her fellowship in pediatric hematology/oncology at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia where she spent her final year as a chief fellow.
Dr. Sadanand is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology by the American Board of Pediatrics. She is a member of the Children’s Oncology Group, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, and she serves on the Advocacy Committee of the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
During her fellowship, Dr. Sadanand researched protein tyrosine kinase 7 (PTK7), a protein found on the cell surface of neuroblastoma. She is focused on improving survival outcomes in children with neuroblastoma.
In her free time, Dr. Sadanand enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs, exercising, reading, and trying local restaurants. She is honored to be able to treat children and their families in their most difficult moments and passionate about helping her patients enjoy life to their fullest.
- Medical School
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (2016)
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine (2019), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2022), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Identification and targeting of protein tyrosine kinase 7 (PTK7) as an immunotherapy candidate for neuroblastoma.
- Lee JY, Jonus HC, Sadanand A, Branella GM, Maximov V, Suttapitugsakul S, Schniederjan MJ, Shim J, Ho A, Parwani KK, Fedanov A, Pilgrim AA, Silva JA, Schnepp RW, Doering CB, Wu R, Spencer HT, Goldsmith KC, Cell Rep Med 2023 Jun 4 6 101091
- A single-center retrospective review of pediatric cases of progressive transformation of germinal centers.
- Sadanand A, Aljudi A, Bergsagel DJ, Keller FG, Pediatr Blood Cancer 2023 Jun 70 6 e30283
- A phase 1 study of simvastatin in combination with topotecan and cyclophosphamide in pediatric patients with relapsed and/or refractory solid and CNS tumors.
- Cash T, Jonus HC, Tsvetkova M, Beumer JH, Sadanand A, Lee JY, Henry CJ, Aguilera D, Harvey RD, Goldsmith KC, Pediatr Blood Cancer 2023 May e30405
- Progression-Free Survival and Patterns of Response in Patients With Relapsed High-Risk Neuroblastoma Treated With Irinotecan/Temozolomide/Dinutuximab/Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor.
- Lerman BJ, Li Y, Carlowicz C, Granger M, Cash T, Sadanand A, Somers K, Ranavaya A, Weiss BD, Choe M, Foster JH, Pinto N, Morgenstern DA, Rafael MS, Streby KA, Zeno RN, Mody R, Yazdani S, Desai AV, Macy ME, Shusterman S, Federico SM, Bagatell R, J Clin Oncol 2022 Oct JCO2201273
- Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting as a Paraneoplastic Demyelinating Disorder in a Child
- Arhanti Sadanand, Juhi Jain , Kathryn Elkins , Daniel John Bergsagel Journal of Pediatric Neurology 2022 2 113-114
- Teaching scripts via smartphone app facilitate resident-led teaching of medical students.
- Zessis NR, Dube AR, Sadanand A, Cole JJ, Hrach CM, Daud YN, BMC Med Educ 2021 Jun 21 1 331
- Practice patterns and incidence of adenovirus infection in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant recipients: Multicenter survey of transplant centers in the United States.
- Papanicolaou GA, Dvorak CC, Dadwal S, Maron G, Prasad VK, Giller R, Abdel-Azim H, Sadanand A, Casciano R, Chandak A, Huang S, Nichols G, Brundage T, Vainorius E, Mozaffari E, Hutcheson R, Transpl Infect Dis 2020 Aug 22 4 e13283
- Non-Neural (S-100 Negative) Bronchial Granular Cell Tumor Causing Acute Respiratory Failure.
- Chen SY, Sadanand A, Dillon PA, He M, Dehner LP, Leonard DS, Fetal Pediatr Pathol 2020 Feb 39 1 85-89
- Safety of Probiotics Among High-Risk Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients.
- Sadanand A, Newland JG, Bednarski JJ, Infect Dis Ther 2019 Jun 8 2 301-306
- Case 1: Syncope in a 16-year-old Girl.
- Sadanand A, Ladell M, Fischer K, Pediatr Rev 2019 Jan 40 1 37-39
- American Board of Pediatrics (2019)