Elif Yilmaz, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Hematology and Oncology. She specializes in indolent and aggressive lymphomas, cellular therapies, and bone marrow transplant.
Dr. Yilmaz earned her medical degree at Istanbul University in Turkey. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and gained advanced training in hematology and medical oncology through fellowships at George Washington University and Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Yilmaz is an active member of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology, among other professional organizations.
She has delivered several presentations and published several academic articles related to her areas of expertise.
- Medical School
- Cerrahpasa Medical School
- Maimonides Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore (2019), Internal Medicine
- George Washington University (2021), Hematology Oncology
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2022), Hematology Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Clinical Oncology
- Hematologic Malignancies
- A Review on Splenic Diffuse Red Pulp Small B-Cell Lymphoma.
- Yilmaz E, Chhina A, Nava VE, Aggarwal A, Curr Oncol 2021 12 28 6 5148-5154
- Survival after autologous versus allogeneic transplantation in patients with relapsed and refractory Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Fakhri B, Yilmaz E, Gao F, Ambinder RF, Jones R, Bartlett NL, Cashen A, Wagner-Johnston N, Leuk Lymphoma 2021 10 62 10 2408-2415
- Phase 2 Study of Nivolumab in Epstein-BarrVirus (EBV)-Positive Lymphoproliferative Disorders and EBV-Positive Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas.
- Yilmaz E, Lakhotia R, Pittaluga S, Muppidi J, Phelan JD, Evans S, Pradhan A, Hillsman A, SteinbergSM, Jaffe ES, Wilson WH, Roschewski M, Melani C Blood 2021
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase inhibition increases BCL-2 dependence and enhances sensitivity to venetoclax in chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Deng J, Isik E, Fernandes SM, Brown JR, Letai A, Davids MS, Leukemia 2017 10 31 10 2075-2084
- Direct and immune-mediated cytotoxicity of interleukin-21 contributes to anti-tumor effects in mantle cell lymphoma.
- Bhatt S, Matthews J, Parvin S, Sarosiek KA, Zhao D, Jiang X, Isik E, Letai A, Lossos IS Blood 2015 Jul
Honors & Awards
- High Honor Student Award
Istanbul University (2013)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2018)
- American Society of Hematology (2017)