Viktor Iakovenko, Ph.D.
Department Radiation Oncology
Viktor Iakovenko, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology’s Division of Medical Physics & Engineering.
Dr. Iakovenko received his B.Sc. in physics and his M.Sc. in nuclear and particle physics at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in Ukraine. He subsequently received his Ph.D. in particle physics at Paris-Sud University in Orsay, France. Dr. Iakovenko went on to complete his postdoctoral fellowship at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre within the University Health Network in Toronto, Canada.
Prior to joining UT Southwestern, Dr. Iakovenko completed a radiation oncology physics residency within the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Toronto in Canada, and went on to work as a medical physicist there.
His research interests include MR-guided adaptive radiation therapy, development of novel detector systems for radiation therapy, dosimetry for emerging treatment modalities, and stereotactic radiotherapy.
- Development of novel detector systems for radiation therapy
- Dosimetry for emerging treatment modalities
- MR-guided adaptive radiation therapy
- Stereotactic radiotherapy
- While Ukrainian Soldiers Are Fearlessly Defending Their Country, Ukrainian Oncologists Are Bravely Battling Cancer.
- Kovalchuk N, Beznosenko A, Kowalchuk R, Ryzhkova J, Iakovenko V, Kacharian A, Adv Radiat Oncol 2022 Nov-Dec 7 6 100965
- Radiation Therapy Under the Falling Bombs: A Tale of 2 Ukrainian Cancer Centers.
- Kovalchuk N, Zelinskyi R, Hanych A, Severyn Y, Bachynska B, Beznosenko A, Duda O, Kowalchuk R, Iakovenko V, Melnitchouk N, Suchowerska N, Adv Radiat Oncol 2022 Nov-Dec 7 6 101027
- Erratum: "Experimental measurement of ionization chamber angular response and associated magnetic field correction factors in MR-linac" [Med. Phys. 47(4), 1940-1948 (2020)].
- Iakovenko V, Keller B, Sahgal A, Sarfehnia A, Med Phys 2021 May 48 5 2695-2697
- Water calorimetry in MR-linac: Direct measurement of absorbed dose and determination of chamber .
- D'Souza M, Nusrat H, Iakovenko V, Keller B, Sahgal A, Renaud J, Sarfehnia A, Med Phys 2020 Dec 47 12 6458-6469
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2019)
- Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (2018)
- International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (2015)
- Medical Physicists for the World Benefits (2015)
- Ukrainian Association of Medical Physicists and Engineers (2014)