Dr. Thakur is a faculty Biostatistician in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and the Department of Population and Data Science at UT Southwestern medical center. He previously worked as a postdoctoral research associate at Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso as well as research fellow (Data Science) at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, USA. Before coming to the United States, he was a faculty Biostatistician at Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, India.
Dr. Thakur's research interests are focused on the epidemiological and statistical practice for the study related to neuroepidemiology, cardiovascular disease, social epidemiology, health-services research, musculoskeletal disorders and rehabilitation, and cancer epidemiology at UT Southwestern.
- Graduate School
- All India Inst of Medical Sci (2017), Biostatistics
- Analysis of mixed effect model; Modeling for longitudinally measured exposures and outcomes
- Design and analysis for stepped wedge cluster randomized trial
- Methodological research for modern causal inference
- Quantitative methodologies and analytic approaches to population research
- Systematic-review and meta-analysis; analysis of secondary data and survey data
- Prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea among patients with rheumatoid arthritis and its association with age and body mass index: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Thakur B, Pathak M, Singh P, Padhan P, Int J Rheum Dis 2021 Nov 24 11 1354-1361
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the association between maternal polycystic ovary syndrome and neuropsychiatric disorders in children.
- Dubey P, Thakur B, Rodriguez S, Cox J, Sanchez S, Fonseca A, Reddy S, Clegg D, Dwivedi AK, Transl Psychiatry 2021 Nov 11 1 569
- Admission Serum Urea is a Better Predictor of Mortality than Creatinine in Patients With Acute-On-Chronic Liver Failure and Acute Kidney Injury.
- Khatua CR, Sahu SK, Meher D, Nath G, Mohapatra A, Thakur B, Singh SP, J Clin Exp Hepatol 2021 Sep-Oct 11 5 565-572
- Comparison of hazard models with and without consideration of competing risks to assess the effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on locoregional recurrence among breast cancer patients.
- Pathak M, S Deo SNV, Dwivedi SN, Vishnubhatla S, Thakur B, J Cancer Res Ther 2021 Jul-Sep 17 4 982-987
- Effect of low dose methotrexate as an add-on therapy in patients with palindromic rheumatism unresponsive to hydroxychloroquine: An observational study.
- Padhan P, Thakur B, Eur J Rheumatol 2021 Jun
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of geographic differences in comorbidities and associated severity and mortality among individuals with COVID-19.
- Thakur B, Dubey P, Benitez J, Torres JP, Reddy S, Shokar N, Aung K, Mukherjee D, Dwivedi AK, Sci Rep 2021 04 11 1 8562
- Current trends and geographical differences in therapeutic profile and outcomes of COVID-19 among pregnant women - a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Dubey P, Thakur B, Reddy S, Martinez CA, Nurunnabi M, Manuel SL, Chheda S, Bracamontes C, Dwivedi AK, BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2021 Mar 21 1 247
- Role of inflammation in initiation and maintenance of atrial fibrillation in rheumatic mitral stenosis - An analytical cross-sectional study.
- Sharma G, Ghati N, Sharique M, Sharma S, Shetkar S, Karmakar S, Naik N, Lakshmy R, Thakur B, Agarwal A, Saxena A, J Arrhythm 2020 Dec 36 6 1007-1015
- Legionella pneumophila in Patients with Pneumonia at a Referral Hospital, New Delhi, India, 2015-2020.
- Sreenath K, Dey AB, Kabra SK, Thakur B, Guleria R, Chaudhry R, Am J Trop Med Hyg 2020 Dec
- RE: "ASSESSING REPRESENTATION AND PERCEIVED INCLUSION AMONG MEMBERS OF THE SOCIETY FOR EPIDEMIOLOGIC RESEARCH".
- Dwivedi AK, Thakur B, Am J Epidemiol 2020 10 189 10 1209
- American Statistical Association (2019)
- Indian Society of Medical Statistics (2012)