Anastasiia Rudkovskaia, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. She specializes in pulmonary and critical care medicine, focusing on interventional pulmonary procedures.
Dr. Rudkovskaia earned her medical degree at Saint Petersburg State University in Russia. She completed a residency in neurology at S.M. Kirov Military Medical Academy in Saint Petersburg and a residency in internal medicine at Yale New Haven Health/Bridgeport Hospital. She received advanced training through a pulmonary and critical care medicine fellowship at Geisinger Health System/Commonwealth School of Medicine in Pennsylvania and an interventional pulmonology fellowship at Harvard Combined Massachusetts General Hospital/Beth Israel Medical Center interventional pulmonary program.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Rudkovskaia’s clinical interests include a wide range of pulmonology interventions, such as rigid bronchoscopy with ablative techniques, airway stenting, endobronchial valve placement, cryobiopsy, medical thoracoscopy, pleurodesis, and pleural catheter placement. She is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians, the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology, the American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology, and Women in Interventional Pulmonology and Advanced Bronchoscopy.
Her research interests include diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for patients with malignant and benign central airway and pleural diseases, including pleural effusions, asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. She has published several academic articles and case reports, and she serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology and the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.
Dr. Rudkovskaia’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with family, swimming, and tennis.
- Medical School
- Saint Petersburg State University (2008)
- S.M. Kirov Medical Academy (2011), Neurology
- St. Agnes Hospital (2015), Internal Medicine
- Bridgeport Hospital (2017), Internal Medicine
- Geisinger Health System (2020), Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Harvard Combined Beth Israel Medical Center-Massachusetts General Hospital (2021), Interventional Pulmonology
- Diagnostic evaluation of patients with tracheobronchomalacia
- Interventional pulmonary procedures for patients with asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema
- Malignant and Benign Airway Disease
- Pleural Disease
- Pulmonary Metastasis of Basal Cell Cancer: Metastatic Basal Cell Cancer.
- Rudkovskaia AA, Kazmi SA, Gitter L, Ayers ML, J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol 2020 Jan 27 1 e8-e10
- Intraluminal Arterial Filling Defects Misdiagnosed as Pulmonary Emboli: What Else Could They Be?
- Rudkovskaia AA, Bandyopadhyay D, Clin Chest Med 2018 09 39 3 505-513
- Is hyponatremia associated with mortality in pulmonary arterial hypertension?
- Rudkovskaia AA, Tonelli AR, Rao Y, Hammel JP, Buller GK, Dweik RA, Fares WH, Pulm Circ 2018 Apr-Jun 8 2 2045894018776888
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in the setting of scleroderma is different than in the setting of lupus: A review.
- Bazan IS, Mensah KA, Rudkovskaia AA, Adonteng-Boateng PK, Herzog EL, Buckley L, Fares WH, Respir Med 2018 01 134 42-46
- Pulmonary Hypertension Prevalence and Prognosis in a Cohort of Patients with Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia Undergoing Embolization of Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformations.
- Chizinga M, Rudkovskaia AA, Henderson K, Pollak J, Garcia-Tsao G, Young LH, Fares WH, Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2017 11 196 10 1353-1356
- A 49-Year-Old Man with Subacute Respiratory Failure and Interstitial Lung Opacities.
- Rudkovskaia AA, Lo YC, Brady V, Costa J, Fares WH, Am J Case Rep 2017 Aug 18 941-944
- Pulmonary Nocardiosis in a Multiple Myeloma Patient Treated with Proteasome Inhibitors.
- Mendonca NP, Kadayakkara DK, Forde IC, Rudkovskaia A, Saul ZK, Lobo DJ, Am J Case Rep 2016 02 17 76-8
- American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Asian Pacific Society of Respirology
- Women in Interventional Pulmonology and Advanced Bronchoscopy