Originally from Texas, Dr. Houghton holds a bachelor’s degree in Biology-Medical Sciences from the Mississippi College. She received her medical degree from the University of Mississippi and completed internal medicine residency training at Tulane University.
Her clinical interests include general internal medicine, preventative medicine, and quality improvement. She is active in several professional societies, including the AMA and DCMA.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2021, she joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 2021.
Dr. Houghton’s interests outside of medicine include travelling, reading, exercising, and spending time with her family, friends, and her husband AJ and their several pets.
- Medical School
- University of Mississippi School of Medicine (2018)
- Tulane University School of Medicine (2021), Internal Medicine
- Regulation of Blood Pressure, Appetite, and Glucose by CNS Melanocortin System in Hyperandrogenemic Female SHR.
- do Carmo JM, da Silva AA, Moak SP, Houghton HJ, Smith A, Hall JE, Am J Hypertens 2016 07 29 7 832-40
- American Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Association