Ravindra Bharadwaj, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Geriatric Medicine Division. He specializes in improving the care of older patients through caregiving, education, and research, especially in the fields of geriatric oncology and dementia/Alzheimer’s disease.
Dr. Bharadwaj earned his medical degree at King George’s Medical University in India. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center and received advanced training in geriatric medicine through a fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in geriatric medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021. Previously, he was the Endowed Chair of Excellence in Geriatric Oncology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Amarillo.
Dr. Bharadwaj is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Geriatrics Society, the Association of Directors of Geriatrics Academic Programs, and the American College of Physicians. In addition, he served on the editorial board of Panhandle Health.
He has delivered scores of lectures and presentations and published numerous academic articles.
- Medical School
- King George Medical College, Lucknow University (1991)
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center (2002), Internal Medicine
- Loyola University Medical Center (2003), Geriatric Medicine
- Chronic Eosinophilic Pneumonia in an Airbrush Painter With Poor Response to Systemic Steroids.
- Taha A, Ahmed R, Merza N, Bharadwaj R, Vo T, Patel M, J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep 2019 Jan-Dec 7 2324709619890945
- Utilization and prescribing patterns of direct oral anticoagulants.
- Whitworth MM, Haase KK, Fike DS, Bharadwaj RM, Young RB, MacLaughlin EJ, Int J Gen Med 2017 10 87-94
Geriatrics. In Pretest Medicine
Mashrafi A., Bharadwaj R.M., Islam A., Khasawneh F., Pierce R, Smalligan RD, Urban RS (2014). New York, McGraw Hill Medical
Honors & Awards
- 3rd Prize Poster Presentation
American Geriatrics Society (2021)
- 1st Prize Quality Improvement Poster
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2019)
- Employee Service Award
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2018)
- Texan Caring for Texan
West Texan A&M University (2018)
- American College of Physicians
- American Geriatrics Society
- Association of Directors of Geriatrics Academic Programs
- Association of Physicians of India