Hwarang Stephen Han, D.O., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Nephrology Division. He specializes in transplant nephrology, kidney health, and electrolyte imbalances.
Dr. Han received his bachelor's degree in microbiology from the University of Oklahoma in Norman, where he graduated with distinction. He the earned his medical degree at the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Tulsa, and completed internal medicine residency training at the Osteopathic Medical Education Consortium of Oklahoma in Tahlequah. He received advanced training through a nephrology fellowship at the University of Oklahoma and a transplant nephrology fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in nephrology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Han is a member of the American Society of Nephrology, National Kidney Foundation, and the American Society of Transplantation, American College of Physicians, American College of Osteopathic Internists, and American Osteopathic Association.
- Medical School
- Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (2015)
- Osteopathic Medical Education Consortium of Oklahoma, Inc. (2018), Internal Medicine
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2020), Nephrology
- University of California at San Francisco (2021), Transplant Nephrology
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- American College of Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Transplantation
- National Kidney Foundation