Abey Eapen MBBS DRCOG Ph.D. FCRI is an Associate Professor in the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility division attached to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern medical center.
After his graduation in Medicine from the University of Calicut, India, Dr. Abey Eapen embarked on his career in the United Kingdom. He did his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and then had specialized training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility from the West Midlands region, United Kingdom.
In 2017, he completed a Ph.D. in Reproductive Medicine (Obstetrics and Gynecology) from the University of Birmingham, UK, after researching the use of recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (RH-GCSF) in women with recurrent miscarriages.
Prior to joining UT Southwestern in 2022, Dr. Eapen was on the faculty as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the REI Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa. In 2021, he was inducted as a fellow of the American Society of Reproductive Immunology after completing his fellowship in reproductive immunology.
His special interests and expertise are in treating persons undergoing assisted conception treatment (IUI, IVF, ICSI, etc.) and those diagnosed with recurrent pregnancy loss and recurrent implantation failure.
Dr. Eapen is a member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, British Fertility Society, American Society for Reproductive Immunology, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, and the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies. He serves as an invited peer reviewer for multiple medical journals.
- Medical School
- Academy of Medical Sciences, India (2000)
- Academy of Medical Sciences, India (2002)
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust (2004), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Good Hope Hospital, UK (2005), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Midland Fertility Services (2010), Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Graduate School
- University of Birmingham - United Kingdom (2017)
- The American Society of Reproductive Immunology (2021)
- Methods for managing miscarriage: a network meta-analysis.
- Ghosh J, Papadopoulou A, Devall AJ, Jeffery HC, Beeson LE, Do V, Price MJ, Tobias A, Tunçalp Ö, Lavelanet A, Gülmezoglu AM, Coomarasamy A, Gallos ID, Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2021 06 6 CD012602
- Current evidence supporting a goal of singletons: a review of maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with twin versus singleton pregnancies after in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
- Eapen A, Ryan GL, Ten Eyck P, Van Voorhis BJ, Fertil Steril 2020 10 114 4 690-714
- Micronized vaginal progesterone to prevent miscarriage: a critical evaluation of randomized evidence.
- Coomarasamy A, Devall AJ, Brosens JJ, Quenby S, Stephenson MD, Sierra S, Christiansen OB, Small R, Brewin J, Roberts TE, Dhillon-Smith R, Harb H, Noordali H, Papadopoulou A, Eapen A, Prior M, Di Renzo GC, Hinshaw K, Mol BW, Lumsden MA, Khalaf Y, Shennan A, Goddijn M, van Wely M, Al-Memar M, Bennett P, Bourne T, Rai R, Regan L, Gallos ID, Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020 08 223 2 167-176
- Progesterone to prevent miscarriage in women with early pregnancy bleeding: the PRISM RCT.
- Coomarasamy A, Harb HM, Devall AJ, Cheed V, Roberts TE, Goranitis I, Ogwulu CB, Williams HM, Gallos ID, Eapen A, Daniels JP, Ahmed A, Bender-Atik R, Bhatia K, Bottomley C, Brewin J, Choudhary M, Crosfill F, Deb S, Duncan WC, Ewer A, Hinshaw K, Holland T, Izzat F, Johns J, Lumsden MA, Manda P, Norman JE, Nunes N, Overton CE, Kriedt K, Quenby S, Rao S, Ross J, Shahid A, Underwood M, Vaithilingham N, Watkins L, Wykes C, Horne AW, Jurkovic D, Middleton LJ, Health Technol Assess 2020 06 24 33 1-70
- Reply: G-CSF and repeated spontaneous abortions: what's new; comparability of inclusion and exclusion criteria in existing RCT-studies; deficiency is an indication, previous live births and 'unexplained' situations are not.
- Eapen A, Lissauer D, Coomarasamy A, Hum Reprod 2020 06 35 6 1472-1473
- Reply: Recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor for all recurrent miscarriage patients or for a select group.
- Eapen A, Lissauer D, Hum Reprod 2019 10 34 10 2083
- Vitamin D and assisted reproductive treatment outcome: a prospective cohort study.
- Chu J, Gallos I, Tobias A, Robinson L, Kirkman-Brown J, Dhillon-Smith R, Harb H, Eapen A, Rajkhowa M, Coomarasamy A, Reprod Health 2019 Jul 16 1 106
- A Randomized Trial of Progesterone in Women with Bleeding in Early Pregnancy.
- Coomarasamy A, Devall AJ, Cheed V, Harb H, Middleton LJ, Gallos ID, Williams H, Eapen AK, Roberts T, Ogwulu CC, Goranitis I, Daniels JP, Ahmed A, Bender-Atik R, Bhatia K, Bottomley C, Brewin J, Choudhary M, Crosfill F, Deb S, Duncan WC, Ewer A, Hinshaw K, Holland T, Izzat F, Johns J, Kriedt K, Lumsden MA, Manda P, Norman JE, Nunes N, Overton CE, Quenby S, Rao S, Ross J, Shahid A, Underwood M, Vaithilingam N, Watkins L, Wykes C, Horne A, Jurkovic D, N Engl J Med 2019 05 380 19 1815-1824
- Recombinant human granulocyte- colony stimulating factor in women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy losses: a randomized clinical trial.
- Eapen A, Joing M, Kwon P, Tong J, Maneta E, De Santo C, Mussai F, Lissauer D, Carter D, Hum Reprod 2019 03 34 3 424-432
- Improved outcomes following frozen embryo transfer does not provide a "universal license to chill".
- Eapen A, Sparks A, Fertil Steril 2018 10 110 5 847-848