Haidy Galous, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Haidy Galous, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Rheumatic Diseases Division. She specializes in systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, antiphospholipid syndrome, and IgG4-related disease.
Originally from Egypt, Dr. Galous earned her medical degree at Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine in Cairo, where she also completed a residency in internal medicine. She performed a second residency in internal medicine at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, where she also received advanced training through a fellowship in rheumatology.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in rheumatology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Galous is a member of several professional associations, including the Texas Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, and the American College of Rheumatology.
She has delivered multiple presentations and published a number of academic articles related to her areas of expertise.
- Medical School
- Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine (2003)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2016), Rheumatology
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Rheumatology
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association