Haidy Galous, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Rheumatic Diseases Division. She specializes in systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, antiphospholipid syndrome, and IgG4-related disease.
Originally from Egypt, Dr. Galous earned her medical degree at Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine in Cairo, where she also completed a residency in internal medicine. She performed a second residency in internal medicine at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, where she also received advanced training through a fellowship in rheumatology.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in rheumatology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Galous is a member of several professional associations, including the Texas Medical Association, the American College of Physicians, and the American College of Rheumatology.
She has delivered multiple presentations and published a number of academic articles related to her areas of expertise.
- Medical School
- Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine (2003)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2016), Rheumatology
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Rheumatology
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association