Alexander Frolov, MD is an Assistant Professor of Neurology in the Department of Neurology at the UT Southwestern medical Center. He specializes in memory and other cognitive disorders, and also sees general neurology patients both at UT Southwestern and Parkland Hospital.
Dr. Frolov was born in St. Petersburg, Russia but moved around a lot in his childhood, ultimately completing his undergraduate education at Southern Methodist University and earning his MD from the McGovern Medical School at the UT Health Science Center in Houston. He started his training in neurology at the University of Colorado in Denver and completed it at Stanford University, relocating to the Bay Area to be closer to his wife, who was at the time training there as well. He stayed on at Stanford for advanced training in behavioral neurology, and thereafter began his practice at the Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. He relocated back to Dallas in 2021, when he joined the neurology department at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Frolov is a clinician educator with a focus on behavioral and cognitive neurology. He splits his time between the Memory Disorders Clinic at UT Southwestern, the General Neurology Clinic at UT Southwestern, and supervising resident physicians in the Neurology Clinic at Parkland Hospital. Dr. Frolov sees patients with a broad array of cognitive and neurologic concerns, including memory loss, language changes, and dementias of many types, inclduing Alzheimer's disease, Lewy body disease, and frontotemporal dementia, among others. His clinical and clinical research interests include atypical variants of Alzheimer's disease, rapidly progressive dementia, and patient education, while his academic interests include resident and medical student education, curriculum development, and medical humanities.
- Medical School
- McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2014)
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2015), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (2016), Neurology
- Stanford Medicine (2018), Neurology
- Stanford Medicine (2019), Behavioral Neurology
- Neurology trial registrations on ClinicalTrials.gov between 2007 and 2018: A cross-sectional analysis of characteristics, early discontinuation, and results reporting.
- Turner BE, Magnani CJ, Frolov A, Weeks BT, Steinberg JR, Huda N, Shah LM, Zuroff L, Gu BJ, Rasmussen H, Edwards JG, Save AV, Shen M, Ren M, Bryant BR, Ma Q, Feng AY, Liang AC, Santini VE, J Neurol Sci 2021 Sep 428 117579
- Education Research: A novel resident-driven neurology quality improvement curriculum.
- Miller-Kuhlmann R, Kraler L, Bozinov N, Frolov A, Mlynash M, Gold CA, Kvam KA, Neurology 2020 01 94 3 137-142
- De novo recruitment of Polycomb-group proteins in Drosophila embryos.
- Alhaj Abed J, Ghotbi E, Ye P, Frolov A, Benes J, Jones RS, Development 2018 11 145 23
- Homonymous Hemianopia and Vision Restoration Therapy.
- Frolov A, Feuerstein J, Subramanian PS, Neurol Clin 2017 02 35 1 29-43
- Behavioral and neuronal recording of the nucleus accumbens in adolescent rats following acute and repetitive exposure to methylphenidate.
- Frolov A, Reyes-Vasquez C, Dafny N, J Neurophysiol 2015 Jan 113 1 369-79
- American Academy of Neurology (2015)
- International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (2019)