Andrea Jochim, M.D., Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in obstetrics, family planning, and health disparities research.
Dr. Jochim earned her medical degree at the State University of New York Stony Brook School of Medicine and her doctoral degree at New York University. She completed residency training in family medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle.
Board certified in family medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Previously, she worked in the Department of Family and Social Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein School of Medicine and was a member of the National Health Service Corps.
Professional Associations & Affiliations:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
Honors & Awards:
- Student to Service Awardee 2014, National Health Service Corps
- Graduate School of Arts & Science Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship 2009, New York University
- College of Arts & Science Outstanding Teaching Assistant 2006, New York University
- Other Post Graduate Training
- New York University (2010)
- Medical School
- State University of New York Stony Brook School of Medicine (2014)
- University of Washington School of Medicine (2017), Family Medicine