Rawle Philbert, D.D.S.
Associate Professor & Division Chief
Endowed Title Dr. Douglas and Diane Sinn Distinguished Chair in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Philbert is the chief of the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He spent more than two decades as the director of its oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS) residency program and as the chair of its dentistry and OMS department.
Dr. Philbert is the recipient of multiple honors, including a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Lincoln Medical Center Auxiliary, a Doctor of the Year Award from the New York City Health and Hospital Corporation, and a Doctors Day Medical Board President Award from Lincoln Medical Center. He has authored two dozen written works on topics ranging from trauma to surgical techniques that have appeared in the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the European Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the Journal of Otolaryngology and Rhinology, and other publications. He is a graduate of the Howard University College of Dentistry and performed an OMS residency at Harlem Hospital Center.
- Dental School
- Howard University College of Dentistry (1987)
- Medical School
- Howard University - Registrar (1987)
- NYC Health & Hospitals/Harlem (1991), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Modified Technique for harvesting anterior iliac crest bone graft for maxillary and mandibular reconstruction
- Kayvan Fathimani, Arman Yazdan, Rawle Philbert European Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2020
- Utilization of Inverted L Osteotomy for correction of dentoalveolar deformities in patients with significant cardiac history
- Kayvan Fathimani, Chun Pae Cho, Rawle Philbert European Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2017 1 2 54-58
- Using GlideScope videolaryngoscope for anesthesia management during mandibular fracture repair
- Malcolm Zola, George Trister, Allan Shanin, Rawle Philbert European Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2017 1 2 76-77
- Anterior Segmental Osteotomy to Save Implants for Prosthetic Restoration: A Multidisciplinary Case Report.
- Bush BF, Feygin A, Ray K, Philbert RF, Zola MB, N Y State Dent J 2016 Nov 82 6 33-38
- Treatment of a recurrent ameloblastic fibroma.
- Manzon S, Philbert RF, Bush BF, Zola MB, Solomon M, N Y State Dent J 2015 Jan 81 1 30-2
- Rare presentation of Giant Peripheral Ossifying Fibroma
- Benjamin Bush, Rawle Philbert, Malcolm Zola J. of Otolaryngology and Rhinology 2015
- Pleomorphic Adenoma of the Cheek in a young female- A Case Report
- Maryam Shahrzad, Menachem Gold, Rawle Philbert Journal American Society of Head and Neck Radiology 2015
- A vertical incision for intraoral approach to a zygomaticomaxillary fracture.
- Bush BF, Philbert RF, Zola MB, Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2014 Sep 52 7 e41-2
- Letter to the Editor regarding incorrect use of short 25 gauge needle for mandibular block
- Malcolm Zola, Rawle Philbert Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 2014
- Treatment of Gunshot Wound to the mandible using an external fixation device
- Benjamin Bush, Rawle Philbert, Malcolm Zola International Journal of OMS 2013