Dr. Adkins earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Biomedical Science and Biological Science at Marshall University. He attended medical school at the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine at Marshall University, and completed his Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He went on to complete fellowship training in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine and Hematopathology at University of Virginia Health. He is board-certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology with subspecialty certification in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine and Hematopathology.
His interests include resident and fellow education as well as clinical research.
- Medical School
- Marshall University (2015)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2019), Pathology/lab Medicine
- University of Virginia (2020), Hematopathology
- University of Virginia (2021), Blood Banking/transfusion Medicine
- Assessing transfer of value from industry to physicians: the importance of studying and reporting the appropriate population.
- Jacobs JW, Adkins BD, Booth GS, J Clin Pathol 2023 May
- Women and non-white people among Lasker Award recipients from 1946 to 2022: cross sectional study.
- Jacobs JW, Bibb LA, Allen ES, Ward DC, Booth GS, Silver JK, Adkins BD, BMJ 2023 May 381 e074968
- Epidemiological and clinical features, therapeutic strategies and outcomes in patients with hyperhaemolysis: A systematic review.
- Jacobs JW, Stephens LD, Allen ES, Binns TC, Booth GS, Hendrickson JE, Karafin MS, Tormey CA, Woo JS, Adkins BD, Br J Haematol 2023 Apr
- United States blood pricing: A cross-sectional analysis of charges and reimbursement at 200 US hospitals.
- Jacobs JW, Diaz M, Arevalo Salazar DE, Tang A, Stephens LD, Booth GS, Lehmann CU, Adkins BD, Am J Hematol 2023 Apr
- A case of hyperhemolysis syndrome in sickle cell disease and concomitant COVID-19.
- Green A, Jones H, Nero A, Ibrahim IF, Sarode R, Scheid LM, Webb CB, Adkins BD, Yates SG, Transfus Apher Sci 2023 Apr 103712
- An Assessment of Gender Equity and Parity Among "Nontraditional" Pathology Awards.
- Jacobs JW, Adkins BD, Allen ES, Parra-Herran C, Stephens LD, Woo JS, Booth GS, Lab Med 2023 Mar
- Cellular therapy processing laboratory: a workforce hiring nightmare.
- Booth GS, Savani BN, Adkins BD, Woo JS, Bertram R, Trushinski J, Sharma D, Jacobs JW, Bone Marrow Transplant 2023 Mar 1-3
- Trading tissues for freedom: incentivizing stem cell and solid organ donation in the incarcerated population.
- Chooljian DM, Jacobs JW, Adkins BD, Savani BN, Bibb LA, Booth GS, Bone Marrow Transplant 2023 Mar
- Analysis of hematologic adverse events reported to a national surveillance system following COVID-19 bivalent booster vaccination.
- Jacobs JW, Booth GS, Adkins BD, Ann Hematol 2023 Feb 1-5
- Direct Oral Anticoagulants: How Do These Drugs Work, How to Monitor, and What Is Their Role in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Hagedorn JC, Yates SG, Chen J, Adkins BD, J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2023 Feb