Originally from Eritrea, Dr. Kiros Weldeab earned his medical degree at the University of Bologna in Italy. He completed internal medicine residency training at New York Downtown Hospital and Harlem Hospital Center in New York City.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Kiros Weldeab joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Kiros Weldeab's interests include spending time with family and traveling.
- Medical School
- Universita Di Bologna, Italy (2005)
- New York Downtown Hospital (2013), Internal Medicine
- Harlem Hospital Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Transitions of Care
- Comparison between coronary angioplasty and coronary artery bypass surgery for the treatment of unprotected left main coronary artery stenosis (the Bologna Registry).
- Palmerini T, Marzocchi A, Marrozzini C, Ortolani P, Saia F, Savini C, Bacchi-Reggiani L, Gianstefani S, Virzì S, Manara F, Kiros Weldeab M, Marinelli G, Di Bartolomeo R, Branzi A, Am J Cardiol 2006 Jul 98 1 54-9
- American College of Physicians (2013)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2014)