Dr. Kiros Weldeab received his initial medical training at the University of Bologna, Italy. He then completed his internal medicine residency in New York City, and has worked as academic hospitalist at New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medicine for a few years.
He joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 2021. Dr. Kiros brings to UTSW a strong background in hospital medical with emphasis in high quality care, evidence based medicine and transitions of care.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Kiros’ interests include spending time with family and traveling.
- Medical School
- Universita Di Bologna, Italy (2005)
- New York Downtown Hospital (2013), Internal Medicine
- Harlem Hospital Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Transitions of Care
- Comparison between coronary angioplasty and coronary artery bypass surgery for the treatment of unprotected left main coronary artery stenosis (the Bologna Registry).
- Palmerini T, Marzocchi A, Marrozzini C, Ortolani P, Saia F, Savini C, Bacchi-Reggiani L, Gianstefani S, Virzì S, Manara F, Kiros Weldeab M, Marinelli G, Di Bartolomeo R, Branzi A, Am J Cardiol 2006 Jul 98 1 54-9
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2014)
- American College of Physicians (2013)