Dr. Rice holds a bachelor's degree from Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire, and a medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York. He received residency training at new York University's Langone Medical Center, and advanced training through a fellowship program in vascular interventional radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, where he also completed a postdoctoral research fellowship.
He is board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021, Dr. Rice was the Director of Small Animal Imaging and Translational Research at the Netherlands Cancer Institute. Most recently, he served as Assistant Professor of Radiology at Stony Brook Medical Center in Stony Brook, New York.
His research interests include synthesis, preclinical validation, and clinical translation of novel radiopharmaceuticals utilizing metallic positron emitting radionuclides for the imaging of oncologic disease. His investigations have resulted in numerous peer-reviewed publications, for which he contributed to the experimental design, accumulation of data, and writing.
Dr. Rice is an active member of several professional societies and organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, Society of Interventional Radiology, and Society of Interventional Oncology. He also serves as a reviewer for Clinical Cancer Research and CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology.
- Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2011)
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (2011), Molecular Imaging
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2012), Internal Medicine
- NYU Langone Health (2016), Diagnostic Radiology
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2017), Interventional Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Roentgen Research Award
Radiological Society of North America (2017)
- Resident and Fellows Scholarship
World Conference on Interventional Oncology (2011)
- Einstein Research Grant
Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2010)
- National Medical Fellowship
Metropolitan Life Foundation Awards Program for Academic Excellence in Medicine (2007)
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Oncology
- Society of Interventional Radiology