Sheryl Frierson, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Child Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Board certified in neurodevelopmental disabilities and also in pediatrics, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Frierson earned her medical degree at the University of California at San Diego. She then completed a residency in pediatrics at Oakland Children’s Hospital. After seven years working in general pediatrics practice in California and Oregon, she moved to Baltimore, Maryland, to complete a fellowship in neurodevelopmental disabilities at the Kennedy Krieger Institute. In 2005, Dr. Frierson completed a subsequent fellowship in brain injuries at the Kennedy Krieger Institute.
- How public policy impacts identification of dyslexia
- Reading outcomes of children with dyslexia
- The impact of comorbid disorders like ADHD on reading achievement
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (2010)
- International Dyslexia Association (2010)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2010)
- Kennedy Fellows Association (2000)