She is a board-certified Physician Assistant (PA) and continues to practice clinically with the UTSW Lung Transplant Team in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care at Clements University Hospital where she provides care for patients before, during and after lung transplantation.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern PA Program Faculty, she practiced in the fields of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology and Lung Transplant. During her clinical practice, she gained wide-ranging experience in leadership and clinical roles which lead her to discover her passion for PA education.
- Graduate School
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (2009), Physician Assistant
- Burnout Prevention
- Education for Physician Assistants
- Interprofessional Development
- Quality Improvement
Honors & Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Magna Cum Laude, Spanish
Awarded by Texas Tech University
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (2009)
- American College of Rheumatology (2014-2020)
- Physician Assistant Education Association (2023)
- Texas Academy of Physican Assistants (2013)