Dr. Alba-Suarez, a psychologist licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, received a Ph.D. in School Psychology from The University of Texas at Austin and is certified in Parent Child Interaction Therapy.
- Patient and sibling adjustment to pediatric cancer: the roles of parental relationship adjustment and depressive symptoms.
- Alba-Suarez J, Davidson SL, Priebe C, Patel P, Greenspahn E, Boucher L, Rodríguez EM, J Psychosoc Oncol 2021 39 5 613-628
- Stress and coping in pediatric asthma: The experiences of low-SES Latinx families
- Rodríguez EM, Gulbas LE, Horner SD, Alba-Suarez J, et al Clinical Practice in Pediatric Psychology 2020 8 2 126-138
- Parental coping, depressive symptoms, and children's asthma control and school attendance in low-income, racially, and ethnically diverse urban families.
- Rodríguez EM, Kumar H, Alba-Suarez J, Sánchez-Johnsen L, J Asthma 2017 Oct 54 8 833-841
Honors & Awards
- Chairs Achievement Award
University of Louisville School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics (2020)
- American Psychological Association (2014)
- Society of Pediatric Psychology (2018)