Manoj K. Kathuria, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Vascular Interventional Radiology Division. He serves as the Program Director for the Interventional Radiology-Integrated and Interventional Radiology-Independent residencies.
Originally from India, Dr. Kathuria holds a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from the University College of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. He remained in New Delhi to obtain radiology residency training at Maulana Azad Medical College, followed by senior residency training at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) in Lucknow. He then received advanced training through a fellowship program in vascular interventional radiology at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (UTMB).
Before joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Kathuria served for 15 years as an Associate Professor of Radiology at UTMB, where he held various administrative roles, including director of the Vascular Interventional Radiology fellowship and residency programs, and, for two years, Interim Director of the Vascular Interventional Radiology Division. He also served for eight years as an interventional radiology faculty member at the SGPGI.
He is certified by the American Board of Radiology in Diagnostic Radiology with an added qualification in Vascular Interventional Radiology.
A dedicated educator, Dr. Kathuria serves as Director of the Interventional Radiology residency programs.
Dr. Kathuria is active in several professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the Society of Interventional Radiology, the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe, and the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association.
During his free time, Dr. Kathuria enjoys photography and experimenting with Indian cuisine.
- Medical School
- University College of Medical Sciences, India (1988)
- Medical School
- Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated LNJP Hospitals, India (1993), Radiology
- Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated LNJP Hospitals, India (1994), Radiology
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institution of Medical Sciences, India (1997), Radiology
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals - Galveston (2002), Vascular & Interventional Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Best Research Paper
Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (2000)
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- Indian Radiological and Imaging Association
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology