Dr. Siu-Hin Wan is originally from Hong Kong and received his medical school training at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois. He received his internal medicine, cardiology, advanced echocardiography, and advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Wan brings to UTSW a clinical focus in echocardiography and heart failure, experience in teaching and mentoring trainees, and a dedication to advancing science in the field of cardiovascular diseases. Dr. Wan’s interests outside of medicine include piano, photography, and the arts.
- Medical School
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2012)
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (2015), Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education (2019), Cardiovascular Disease
- Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education (2020), Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology
- Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Diastolic Dysfunction and Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction
- Natriuretic Peptides
- Novel Therapeutics in Heart Failure
- Cardiac Versus Renal Response to Volume Expansion in Preclinical Systolic Dysfunction With PDEV Inhibition and BNP.
- Wan SH, Torres-Courchoud I, McKie PM, Slusser JP, Redfield MM, Burnett JC, Hodge DO, Chen HH, JACC Basic Transl Sci 2019 Dec 4 8 962-972
- Comparing the influence of 2009 versus 2016 ASE/EACVI diastolic function guidelines on the prevalence and echocardiographic characteristics of preclinical diastolic dysfunction (stage B heart failure) in a Hispanic population with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Wan SH, Pumerantz AS, Dong F, Ochoa C, Chen HH, J. Diabetes Complicat. 2019 08 33 8 579-584
- Future of Quantitative Echocardiography for Trainees: Precision, Efficiency, and Other Lessons in Ergonomics.
- Wan SH, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2018 07 72 4 467-470
- The Vascular-Renal Connection in Patients Hospitalized With Hypertensive Crisis: A Population-Based Study.
- Wan SH, Slusser JP, Hodge DO, Chen HH, Mayo Clin Proc Innov Qual Outcomes 2018 Jun 2 2 148-154
- Differential Response to Low-Dose Dopamine or Low-Dose Nesiritide in Acute Heart Failure With Reduced or Preserved Ejection Fraction: Results From the ROSE AHF Trial (Renal Optimization Strategies Evaluation in Acute Heart Failure).
- Wan SH, Stevens SR, Borlaug BA, Anstrom KJ, Deswal A, Felker GM, Givertz MM, Bart BA, Tang WH, Redfield MM, Chen HH, Circ Heart Fail 2016 08 9 8
- Chronic Peptide Therapy With B-Type Natriuretic Peptide in Patients With Pre-Clinical Diastolic Dysfunction (Stage B Heart Failure).
- Wan SH, McKie PM, Schirger JA, Slusser JP, Hodge DO, Redfield MM, Burnett JC, Chen HH, JACC Heart Fail 2016 07 4 7 539-547
- Pre-clinical diastolic dysfunction.
- Wan SH, Vogel MW, Chen HH, J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014 Feb 63 5 407-16
- Implantation of Leadless Pacemaker for the Development of New Left Bundle Branch Block and Symptomatic Pause Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.
- Nandy S, Wan SH, Klarich K, Heart Views 2019 Oct-Dec 20 4 170-171
- A Contemporary Systematic Approach to Assessing the Patient with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction: Multimodal Noninvasive and Invasive Evaluation.
- Wan SH, McKie PM, Bois JP, Cardiol Res Pract 2019 2019 3039740
- Prognostic Impact of Fasting Plasma Glucose on Mortality and Re-Hospitalization in Patients with Acute Heart Failure.
- Chen YY, Chen Y, Liang SM, Su ZZ, Shu XR, Zhang HF, Wan SH, Wang JF, Xie SL, Chin. Med. J. 2018 Sep 131 17 2032-2040
Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy: Pathogenesis, Natural History and Prognosis. In Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy
Wan, Siu-Hin, Monica Ahluwalia, and Jackson J. Liang (2016). Nova
Natriuretic Peptides: Physiology for the Clinician. In Cardiac Biomarkers
Wan, Siu-Hin, and Horng H. Chen (2016). Springer
Honors & Awards
- Research Award Nominee for Cardiovascular Diseases Research
Donald C. Balfour Mayo Clinic Alumni Association (2019)
- Young Investigator Award
American Society of Hypertension (2014)
- American College of Cardiology (2014)
- Heart Failure Society of America (2014)
- American Heart Association (2013)
- European Society of Cardiology (2013)
- American Medical Association (2008)