Ina J. Patel, D.O., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and a member of the Division of Hematology and Oncology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in breast and lung cancer as well as general hematology and oncology.
Dr. Patel earned her medical degree at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Medical City Fort Worth, serving as Chief Resident, and then received advanced training in hematology and oncology through a fellowship at Texas A&M College of Medicine. She also holds an undergraduate degree in biological sciences from the University of Chicago.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Patel sees patients at UT Southwestern’s Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center located both at the Moncrief Cancer Institute in Fort Worth and on UTSW’s main campus in Dallas. Her clinical practice emphasizes patient- and family-centered care as well as providing her patients with clinical research trial options. She is also passionate about teaching fellows, residents, and medical students.
She is a member of the American College of Osteopathic Internists, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, the American Osteopathic Association, and the Gold Humanism Honor Society.
- Medical School
- Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2014)
- Medical City Fort Worth (2017), Internal Medicine
- Scott & White Healthcare (2020), Hematology Oncology
- Clinical Improvement
- Clinical Research in Breast Cancer
- Community Outreach
- Expanding Access to Care in the Community
- Targeted Therapies
- Altered methotrexate clearance in the treatment of CNS lymphoma with concurrent use of nitrofurantoin for a urinary tract infection.
- Ina Patel J Oncol Pharm Pract 2018
- A Case of a 21 Year Old Female with Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH) with Aplastic Anemia, DVT, and Ischemic Colitis
- Ina Patel, Ray Page Hematology Oncology 2018
- Management of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma in a 70 Year Old Male with Wiskott Aldrich Syndrome
- Ina Patel, advisor- Harris Naina 2016 Hematology Oncology
Honors & Awards
- Baylor Scott & White Hospital Encore Award
"Exceptional leadership and teamwork", Baylor, Division of Hematology Oncology (2019)
- Dean's List
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (2007-2008)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) (2017)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH) (2017)
- American College of Osteopathic Internists (ACOI) (2014)
- American College of Physicians (ACP) (2014-2017)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) (2014-2017)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society (2013-2020)