Dr. Kang is originally from California and received her initial medical training at University of Maryland in Baltimore, Maryland. She completed her infectious diseases fellowship at University of California San Diego. Dr. Kang brings to UTSW a background in infection prevention and antimicrobial stewardship. As the Associate Medical Director of Infection Prevention, she’s involved in the surveillance and prevention of health care-associated infections such as central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs), catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs), Clostridium difficile (C. diff), and surgical site infections. Dr. Kang’s interests outside of medicine include her family, travelling, hiking at national parks, and exploring new local restaurants.
- Medical School
- Jefferson Medical College (2013)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- University of California San Diego Medical Center (2020), Infectious Diseases
- Healthcare Associated Infection
- Infection Prevention
- Quality Improvement
- The Effect of Clostridioides difficile Diagnostic Stewardship Interventions on the Diagnosis of Hospital-Onset Clostridioides difficile Infections.
- Kang M, Abeles SR, El-Kareh R, Taplitz RA, Nyheim E, Reed SL, Jenkins IH, Seymann GB, Myers FE, Torriani FJ, Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2020 Aug 46 8 457-463
- Public Health Role of Academic Medical Center in Community Outbreak of Hepatitis A, San Diego County, California, USA, 2016-2018.
- Kang M, Horman SF, Taplitz RA, Clay B, Millen M, Sitapati A, Myers FE, McDonald EC, Abeles SR, Wallace DR, Stous S, Torriani FJ, Emerging Infect. Dis. 2020 Jul 26 7 1374-1381
- Varicella zoster virus encephalitis in solid organ transplant recipients: Case series and review of literature.
- Kang M, Aslam S, Transpl Infect Dis 2019 Apr 21 2 e13038
- Colonoscopy Findings in HIV-Infected Men and Women from an Urban U.S. Cohort Compared with Non-HIV-Infected Men and Women.
- Fantry LE, Nowak RG, Fisher LH, Cullen NR, Yimgang DP, Stafford KA, Riedel DJ, Kang M, Innis EK, Riner A, Wang EW, Charurat ME, AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2016 09 32 9 860-7
- Total 4EBP1 Is Elevated in Liver of Rats in Response to Low Sulfur Amino Acid Intake.
- Sikalidis AK, Mazor KM, Kang M, Liu H, Stipanuk MH, J Amino Acids 2013 2013 864757
- Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (2018)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2017)