Minji Kang, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine.
Originally from Suwon, South Korea, Dr. Kang holds a bachelor's degree in biological sciences from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, where she graduated magna cum laude. She earned her medical degree at Sidney Kimmel Medical College in Philadelphia. She completed internal medicine residency training at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, followed by a fellowship in infectious diseases, infection prevention, and antimicrobial stewardship at the University of California San Diego.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in infectious disease, Dr. Kang joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020. She is currently the Associate Medical Director of Infection Prevention & Control at UT Southwestern.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Kang is on several committees, including the Infection Control Committee, the SWAT Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee, and the Water Management Team.
Dr. Kang is a member of several professional societies, including the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the HIV Medical Association, the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
Dr. Kang has been invited to lecture nationally regarding infectious diseases at Grand Rounds presentations. Her research has led to several articles in peer-reviewed publications and other material.
- Medical School
- Jefferson Medical College (2013)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- University of California San Diego Medical Center (2020), Infectious Diseases
- Healthcare Associated Infection
- Infection Prevention
- Quality Improvement
- The Effect of Clostridioides difficile Diagnostic Stewardship Interventions on the Diagnosis of Hospital-Onset Clostridioides difficile Infections.
- Kang M, Abeles SR, El-Kareh R, Taplitz RA, Nyheim E, Reed SL, Jenkins IH, Seymann GB, Myers FE, Torriani FJ, Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2020 Aug 46 8 457-463
- Public Health Role of Academic Medical Center in Community Outbreak of Hepatitis A, San Diego County, California, USA, 2016-2018.
- Kang M, Horman SF, Taplitz RA, Clay B, Millen M, Sitapati A, Myers FE, McDonald EC, Abeles SR, Wallace DR, Stous S, Torriani FJ, Emerging Infect. Dis. 2020 Jul 26 7 1374-1381
- Varicella zoster virus encephalitis in solid organ transplant recipients: Case series and review of literature.
- Kang M, Aslam S, Transpl Infect Dis 2019 Apr 21 2 e13038
- Colonoscopy Findings in HIV-Infected Men and Women from an Urban U.S. Cohort Compared with Non-HIV-Infected Men and Women.
- Fantry LE, Nowak RG, Fisher LH, Cullen NR, Yimgang DP, Stafford KA, Riedel DJ, Kang M, Innis EK, Riner A, Wang EW, Charurat ME, AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses 2016 09 32 9 860-7
- Total 4EBP1 Is Elevated in Liver of Rats in Response to Low Sulfur Amino Acid Intake.
- Sikalidis AK, Mazor KM, Kang M, Liu H, Stipanuk MH, J Amino Acids 2013 2013 864757
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2017)
- Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (2018)